Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to blow myself up again...............

Dirt dabbers can mess up a lot of stuff. I tried to get a burner straight from them and just threw it in the barn and got another. It never ran right anymore.
    De Oppresso Liber

Dirt dabbers can mess up a lot of stuff. I tried to get a burner straight from them and just threw it in the barn and got another. It never ran right anymore.
    De Oppresso Liber

Lightbulb

Try a different, new or full fuel bottle.
    Last edited by shadycove; 01-12-2017 at 11:01 PM.

I had a similar problem with one of the Heater Buddies. Dang muddobbers. Anyway Mine would spark but not light. I tried compressed air then I read where someone suggested using one of those "fuzzy" pipe cleaner thingys. After a lot of spit and patience I got the darn thing unclogged. Just wondering if you "opened" up something to much? Like someone said it ain't worth the risk. A man your age should be able to find some other way to get his adrenaline rush. LOL.

At the same time I had the bottle of propane refilled. I had attached the heater to a 10 lbs propane bottle per instructions that came with the heater. I sat the bottle outside by my stove building intending to take both back to my condo the next day. As I walked out the back door the next morning I immediately smelled rotten eggs and the bottle was about 15 feet from my back door AND there was a slight breeze. That convinced me that the bottle was leaking pretty bad. A few of things I don't mess with, wild wicked women, electricity and propane. LOL. I carried the bottle as far away from my stove building and house as I could and called the fire department. They advised me to take it to one of those places where they sell propane and exchange it. I certainly didn't agree with that because someone else might wind up with that leaking bottle. Long story shorter, I took it back to where the guy had refilled it, he bled off a lot of gas and said it's ok (it was leaking out of the safety valve). I said no thanks and bought a new bottle, he refilled it for free. I love flying but prefer to be my own pilot and in control of my journey. Main point of the story is that I had been using the heater and bottle both INSIDE my condo. Next day I built a box in which to store the bottle OUTSIDE of my condo. I also found that, if I read correctly, that it is against federal law to have one of those bottles inside a closed building. ??????? I have to say after this happened I think that is a good law.

Well Larry, I can't get to Route 66 so I have to get my kicks somehow. I agree with you on the old, wicked women and certainly electricity but I have never been bothered about things that go BOOM. Hell, I used to take the 100# propane tank at the old clubhouse down home and throw it in that back of my old truck to get it refilled. Drive back with it rolling from side to side, then unload it and hook her up. You know how I check for leaks, right? Zippo. If it flames, tighten her up. Still messing with this one but it is only a 1# bottle. How much damage can that do.

What Larry R says is my mantra also. I'm too old for wild women and I'm too smart to mess with propane. I will work with some electricity stuff but I am cautious to the point of ridiculousness and I'm okay with that.