Charleston church shooter....

country

Ten Pointer
No difference between him and the 4 in Chicago that tortured the handicapped kid. Nothing but evil and death should send them to hell.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I see no reason why this shouldn't be carried out before the next year change.

Does that mean they light him up 18 times in the electric chair? :eek:

Last edited:

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
I see no reason why this shouldn't be carried out before the next year change.

Does that mean they light him up 18 times in the electric chair? :eek:
I think it should be...light voltage getting progressively stronger each time until the 18th one which would be the only one strong enough to kill him.

Sent from.......wait....where am I?!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I think it should be...light voltage getting progressively stronger each time until the 18th one which would be the only one strong enough to kill him.

Nah, I'm not for torture as a final punishment. I believe in the finality of the death sentence. Just get it over with. I'm against the injection. I don't like using medicine to kill, imho it should be to heal or help.

I'm ok with electrocution, ok with a firing squad, but I think hanging is the ultimate renewable low carbon footprint way to end lives society has determined need to be ended as a form of punishment.

I really didn't doubt this cases eventual outcome.

I just hope it's not 2025 before the sentence is finally carried out. I believe this scumbag is warranted the appeal process etc the rest of us are due, but this should be pretty expedited. My guess is as his own council, he won't bother to file any, and I might get my wish? Or can others file on his behalf (I would REALLY like to see someone try that!!!!!)

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
I'd vote hanging for the only way of execution..

..but I'd also be in favor of slow agonizing death in some cases. I'm ok with it, lol

CanAmMan

Twelve Pointer
Before either hanging him or going in front of a firing squad put him in general population and tell the guards not to watch for a while!!

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Folks, let's stop calling his sentence a "punishment", which implies he is redeemable. You punish someone in effort make them understand the error of their ways so they will correct it. This piece of trash has received a PENALTY. I see nothing redeemable within him. He is a danger to society, like a rabid coyote, and should be treated as such. He needs to make himself right with God, because he can't with us.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
1 appeal, to be complete inside 12 months, on the gallows the morning after the appeal is concluded at sunrise on the courthouse lawn.. hang there till sundown.. never see or hear about him again after that.

I can appreciate Zombies view.. as an individual I would love to see that but as a civilized society, carry out the penalty and lets move on.. there is a difference in that and revenge.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
At this point it has little to do with punishment and everything to do with excising a cancerous tumor from society. Allow him his appeal, then take him out back and put 2 in the back of his skull. End of story.

Last edited:

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
... He is a danger to society, like a rabid coyote, and should be treated as such. He needs to make himself right with God, because he can't with us.
Is he sick? Or is he just plain evil? I think evil is a form of mental illness.

He obviously did a horrible thing. We need to rid ourselves of the likes of him and make sure he never does it again. The firing squad would be fitting. The poor families of those murdered (victims, all) should have their closure. Vengeance won't bring anybody back. I hope he makes himself right with God. We don't need to hand the devil yet another soul ... another victory.

Last edited:

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
1 appeal, to be complete inside 12 months

That's what I think. Any/all appeals should be completed within 12 months, and if not given a new trial, the execution should take place no later than 1 year to the day.

This business of giving them the death penalty and then letting them spend the next 15 years without carrying out the sentence is not justice, and is a waste of resources. Unfortunately that's not the exception it's the rule. Seems like very few actually receive the penalty they were sentenced to in under 20 years.

I wonder if that can be taken care of with an executive order?

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Yep ... these festering delays don't do anybody any good. It has been shown that the way to actually deter crime (not sure it would apply in a case like this, though), is SURE and SWIFT justice.

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
1 appeal, to be complete inside 12 months, on the gallows the morning after the appeal is concluded at sunrise on the courthouse lawn.. hang there till sundown.. never see or hear about him again after that.

I can appreciate Zombies view.. as an individual I would love to see that but as a civilized society, carry out the penalty and lets move on.. there is a difference in that and revenge.
Yep, that's why I said I'd gladly vote for hanging as the official way of execution. It works for years, would still work today. Would save tons of money, and make people think twice about doing the crime after seeing someone swinging by a rope all day.

Last edited:

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Its one of the most heinous ordeals ive ever heard of....but there is no mistake, that guy is mentally off the path. Say what you want, but he is a mental case.

Dealing with a mentally handicapped individual. I dont have an issue with capital punishment, but i think it should be done and over with. The posts about killing him slowly or punishing him severely are wrong in my opinion. He needs to be taken out of the gene pool swiftly and painlessly. There is no way to do that type of act without being mentally unfit.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There's a difference between being mentally handicapped and Evil. This guy is pure evil in my opinion and I have no problem with the death penalty being carried out.

That being said I also would have no problem with him serving life in prison at hard labor and only being giving the absolute bare necessities to maintain his life.

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
I think he's perfectly sane.

He will stay alive for longer than we like, but at the very least, it seems like most heinous and high profile murderers are executed in short order. McVeigh, the DC Shooter...

Last edited:

Boojum

Ten Pointer
In my world, he would already have been dead as of sunup this morning. There is no doubt he did it. No need for an appeal.And no need to shelter, feed, and medicate him at taxpayer expense for the next 25 years.

adamwayne

Death is easy, living is hard. I wish for a person like this they would allow the families of the slain to be locked in a room with him until they were finished. Let them unleash all the torment they have gone thru on him.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
I see when a person is caught doing such a heinous crimes that he loses all his pulling power. Doing such crimes knowing the consequences, they get the full impact of the law. He should be put to death immediately like a rabid dog.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
In my world, he would already have been dead as of sunup this morning. There is no doubt he did it. No need for an appeal.And no need to shelter, feed, and medicate him at taxpayer expense for the next 25 years.

This is where I also fall off the boat. I was not there, so i dont know who did what. I see/hear what television has told me, but i have also seen them report false or misleading stuff to get viewers. Im not doubting the verdict, just stating that I for one couldnt be the one that said he did it.