Say what you will, I'm happy...my 2016 iowa hunting season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCridgehunter

Eight Pointer
Well this is gonna get interesting. Want to give people the benefit of the doubt but this guy has lied on this forum multiple times. Congrats if you're not full of it this time but I won't hold my breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeerMechanic

I lol-ed so hard at this thread. Poor guy dosn't stand a chance.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Beautiful buck, no doubt bigger than anything I'll ever see while hunting. Given you history though the only person you have left to impress is the person in the mirror.

<>< Fish

deerhunter28

Ten Pointer
Awesome deer.

What zone was you in?

What muzzleloader was you using?

If you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
Awesome deer.

What zone was you in?

What muzzleloader was you using?

If you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,

Thank you. As a resident my tag is good statewide...but geographically I live in zone 4. My Muzzleloader is a T/C Triumph, shooting 120gr 777 loose powder & 250gr shockwave.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There is clearly one hole behind the shoulder on each side (double lung), with NO exit holes in either of the shoulders, and appears to be no holes in front of either ham...

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
There is clearly one hole behind the shoulder on each side (double lung), with NO exit holes in either of the shoulders, and appears to be no holes in front of either ham...
Look at picture #5 and #6...may be blood on tail just above barrel...can't be sure, is what it is....could just smear little blood on there make it look like hit.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Ya'll realize that this deer has been gutted, and it's the next day right?

The blood on the tail and the splatter on the hams are from gutting the deer. As is the trace blood on the belly. Looks like he recovered the deer, gutted, hung it, and then got it back out the next day and took pictures with it. He has that shirt on most likely because he threw his camo back on for the pictures. That's also why the deer is belly down, legs splayed, so you can't see the cavity. Deer that have been gutted lay differently than ones that haven't too. A deer that hasn't been gutted won't splay his legs like that (not even close) and hips won't sink all the way to the ground like that.

So all of the rest of the story is plausible, but the shot isn't. Based on precedent, it may be (likely?) 100% false, but I don't see anything in the photos inconsistent with his story except for the entrance and exit wounds. His face is actually in the photos this time, and that is really him. Based on the fact that he posted 6 photos of a relatively plain (albeit nice) deer, I'd say he is extra proud of actually killing THIS one himself.

We do this all the time with nice bucks we shoot in the evenings. Recover, gut, hang in walk-in cooler, pull them back out the next day, put our camo back on, and take some nice photos in daylight with the weapon used. Minus the sponsor gear of course.

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

The blood on the tail and the splatter on the hams are from gutting the deer. As is the trace blood on the belly. Looks like he recovered the deer, gutted, hung it, and then got it back out the next day and took pictures with it. He has that shirt on most likely because he threw his camo back on for the pictures. That's also why the deer is belly down, legs splayed, so you can't see the cavity. Deer that have been gutted lay differently than ones that haven't too. A deer that hasn't been gutted won't splay his legs like that (not even close) and hips won't sink all the way to the ground like that.

So all of the rest of the story is plausible, but the shot isn't. Based on precedent, it may be 100% false, but I don't see anything in the photos inconsistent with his story except for the entrance and exit wounds. His face is actually in the photos this time, and that is really him. Based on the fact that he posted 6 photos of a relatively plain (albeit nice) deer, I'd say he is extra proud of actually killing THIS one himself.

We do this all the time with nice bucks we shoot in the evenings. Recover, gut, hang in walk-in cooler, pull them back out the next day, put our camo back on, and take some nice photos in daylight with the weapon used. Minus the sponsor gear of course.

All very true and plausible

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer

So all of the rest of the story is plausible, but the shot isn't. Based on precedent, it may be 100% false, but I don't see anything in the photos inconsistent with his story except for the entrance and exit wounds. His face is actually in the photos this time, and that is really him. Based on the fact that he posted 6 photos of a relatively plain (albeit nice) deer, I'd say he is extra proud of actually killing THIS one himself.

Thank you sir. that is exactly correct. As far as the wound. I did shoot the buck a second time as he was still breathing when I walked up to him.
14a55bf60ad247b871dea6015c1353c7.jpg

You can see the entrance hole on the back end in this one

Last edited:

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns

So all of the rest of the story is plausible, but the shot isn't. Based on precedent, it may be (likely?) 100% false, but I don't see anything in the photos inconsistent with his story except for the entrance and exit wounds. His face is actually in the photos this time, and that is really him. Based on the fact that he posted 6 photos of a relatively plain (albeit nice) deer, I'd say he is extra proud of actually killing THIS one himself.

I was thinking the same thing. This deer looked gutted and dragged to a different location, which would explain the legs and the blood on his hands, and the buck's hams and belly. It would also explain the positioning of the bag and gun to cover it up, as well as him wearing camo over his street clothes and it appearing to be the next day. I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt that his story is 100% valid but seeing as how this is a picture of him with this deer, I'm not going to accuse of him stealing this photo off the internet either.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
As far as the wound. I did shoot the buck a second time as he was still breathing when I walked up to him.

That's what I suspected, but it wasn't part of the story. There just didn't appear to be any wounds in the shoulder or ham area in the earlier photos.

Last edited:

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've never understood the need for go go gadget arms in deer photos. Appreciate a good deer for what he is, no reason to embellish. Congrats on a fine whitetail.

Last edited:

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
All very true and plausible

And if it was ANYONE else other than this liar i doubt any of us would even have questioned it, but given his track record the chances of this being his buck, his farm or even in Iowa us very remote. A more likely scenario is he found roadkill, paid another hunter to pose with the other hunters kill, or photo shopped himself into the pic over the actual hunter who killed it. As to him being "semi-sponsored," what company would want a man to represent or even remotely be tied to them that is the laughing stock in several states with hunters that have integrity.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Dang,,,I was just commenting on sky hawks post,,,,I know the history on th original poster,,,,

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
Hmmmm "today is the last day and the weather is NASTY so last night was my last chance" [emoji23][emoji23]

but wait... the weather looks pretty dam good in those pics....

... you guys miss the small stuff that leads to the good stuff. [emoji23]

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Hmmmm "today is the last day and the weather is NASTY so last night was my last chance" [emoji23][emoji23]

why in the world anyone wants to stir up MO is beyond me.

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer

To be such an astute internet detective you miss quite a bit.
Look at the big orange bag...its soaking wet
Look at my gun...soaking wet.
In one of those pictures there is clearly a raindrop falling in front of my face.
and if you really want to be a detective...go to weatherunderground.com and pull up the historical weather information for Jan 10th in southern Iowa. 40 degree temps and a massive rain/freezing rainstorm moved across the whole state during the morning.

Maybe you consider that good weather...but I don't.

NCHNTR

Old Mossy Horns
Tough Crowd around here... ;)

Only as tough as you make it on yourself, and some have done much better than others [emoji15]

He probably is fibbing on the inches too, he looks 143 1/8" to me [emoji476]

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Ok - thought I had stumbled somewhere

This thread is an example of how past actions continue to haunt a person

Last edited:

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Only as tough as you make it on yourself, and some have done much better than others [emoji15]

He probably is fibbing on the inches too, he looks 143 1/8" to me [emoji476]

I didn't read any of his post. Just looked at the pics. I don't see him long arming the buck. I know a little about his posting history.... Tall Tales puts it mildly... lol

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Ok - thought I had stumbled somewhere

This thread is an example of how past actions continue to haunt a person

True enough, though it makes you wonder since badland has moved and bought "his" farm in Iowa, why does he continue to post here where no one cares other than to point and laugh. One would think since he's a laughing stock here that he would simply stop posting, after all he's highly wrapped up in how others regard him and that he has to be the best. Currently best at getting caught in lies..... So there is that at least.

Briargoat

Ten Pointer
Wouldn't believe him if he told me the sky was black at night. Even if he did kill a deer, a mans word is way more important then anything he does in the deer woods. Ain't got no use for him

Status
Not open for further replies.