OTC Mule deer hunt

rageslinger

Four Pointer
Anyone ever do a over the counter mule deer hunt? I did a Colorado Elk hunt 2 years ago and was successful. I think this year I am going to try for a mule deer. Just looking to see if anyone else had ever done it!

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I've done OTC for archery in Arizona. It was fun hunting, and awesome country. I saw plenty of deer, but it was tough to find a shooter to even try to stalk. Maybe I was to picky? I went 3 years, and only stalked one buck. Got 60 yards from him and decided he wasn't what I wanted. Looking back, I should have kept creeping and tried to shoot him. The best buck I saw in 3 trips.

I'm almost certain Woodmoose went with the same guy. I can't remember if he got one or not?

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Several times in CO, once in WY...the CO hunts were all archery and on BLM in several spots in the state. The WY hunt was rifle and was a drop hunt that the weather messed up badly.
CO isn't the same state for mulies as it was just a few short years ago, and the tags aren't nearly as easily obtained.

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
I don't think CO has had OTC mule deer tags for 15 years. It's all by drawing and a preference point system.

Last edited: