Who's ready for some

Greenhorn

Six Pointer
Cold RAIN AND SNOW!! Woo Hoo!

[video]https://youtu.be/QwkV4QYjwls[/video]

Last edited:

JD1107

I know I am!! Besides having a few snow days at work that I might have to make up, I'm pumped for what's ahead of us. One of my best hunts was a few years ago when we had mutiple days below freezing temps and it locked up all the swamps along the river. I had access to a farm pond and it was loaded with ducks!! Hopefully it plays out that way again.

Last edited:

Greenhorn

Six Pointer
Where I hunt, sleet and snow is usually good. Really really cold blue bird days are usually good too. If it's raining you might as well not go, at least where I hunt. I was out in it last Monday and it was terrible. I thought it was suppose to be ON AND OFF but it turned out to be all ON, all morning. I was gonna go Thursday but my arse couldn't get out of bed so I'm going tomorrow and Monday.

JD1107

I'll be out tomorrow hunting a swamp. If all goes as planned I'll have off from work Monday and maybe Tuesday and will be hunting some open water. Swamps should be locked up by then.

uglymud

Button Buck
Hoping the roads are decent enough for me to make the drive in the a.m.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Randy

Ten Pointer
I can hear folks shooting a good bit over on the Tar River as I type this post.

Last edited:

Shine

Six Pointer
Contributor
Went out yesterday to a pond. Not a single bird. Sort the day dove hunting in another section and only saw 3 ducks go to the swamp. Only good season I have is early season with the local woodies and few mallards. Maybe I'm just in the wrong spots for late season.

pendletonhunter

Button Buck
Limited out this morning!
Pretty rough ride out and in and was pretty dam cold this morning but well worth it.
IMG_4343.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JD1107

Nice work! I had planned on hitting some big water this morning, but knew I didn't have the boat to handle those winds. Hunted a swamp instead and saw a few groups of mallards that were new they just didn't want to give us a shot. Saw the normal geese that I've been seeing but they flared real hard to our spread today. Ended the day with one goose and a fun story.

IMG_0179.jpg

Pimpscoe

Eight Pointer
I'm surprised that 4x4 Tacome got stuck. Not a sight I have seen very often. Those light weight trucks usually go where ever.

JD1107

I'm surprised that 4x4 Tacome got stuck. Not a sight I have seen very often. Those light weight trucks usually go where ever.

I cut that corner a tad to soon and just sunk. Luckily my buddy hunted with me this morning and we rode separate because I was originally gonna go solo. He actually got stuck at one point as well pulling me out of the field, but we were able to get some logs up under his rear wheels as he rocked backed some to gained some traction. Won't be getting back to that swamp for awhile with out the atv.

Greenhorn

Six Pointer
It wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. Went with some buddies. Shot a hen mallard, drake ringer, and a harry head Saturday. Would have been better but had a young guy with us that spooked some geese that were coming in and shot too early a few times. Still had fun though. For me, it's just nice to hunt with some buddies every now and then b/c I hunt alone at least half the time.