Firearm Wishlist?

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I really like the Kimber Ultra Carry Pro for the compact .45 choice, other than it being heavy it's a really good choice with the ergonomics and smooth and rounded angles for concealed carry. The full sized 1911's are just too darn heavy to carry unless you are trying to work on your physique. :rolleyes:

I looked at that Kimber this evening. In the price range and definitely at the top of the list....thanks...

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
There will be a couple of 1911s coming my way in the near future, I've promised myself at least one or two as soon as this place sells. One full sized tactical, one a little more compact for EDC.

Any particular ones you guys would recommend?

Not knowing how much you care to spend, I would simply offer this:

Less than $1,000 ..... Colt
$1,000 to $1,500 ..... Dan Wesson
$1,500 to $2,000 ..... Les Baer
$2,000 to $2,500 ..... Ed Brown
Over $2,500 ..... Wilson Combat

Last edited:
Another vote for the 1894C. Just can't seem to justify spending the kind of money they're going for on gunbroker and whatnot...

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
I could definitely add that to the list, any Win. Model 64 for that case.

DRS,
IMO the Winchester model 64, especially the Deluxe version is the most attractive and elegant lever action ever made, bar none. No other lever action, be it Marlin, Henry, or any other Winchester (the model 71 comes close) looks as appealing and graceful as the model 64 does. IMO, the model 64 is the way a lever action rifle should look.

Top is the standard Model 64 and bottom is the deluxe.
Winchester_Model_64_Deluxe.png

Mommicked

Glock 43 for my wife, Kimber Custom Grade bolt action in 270 for me, or maybe an older but nice condition BAR in 270 or 30-06 just because I miss one I used to have.

Mallard Cutter

Six Pointer
Winchester Mod. 70 in 300 H&H

Winchester Mod 12 in 3" magnum

Ithaca double barrel in 20 gauge
All of these plus Ruger 77 in 250 savage
Browning 625 410 w/32" barrels .....extremely hard to find as I have been looking for a couple of years now

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I just recently held in my hands a Winchester .375Win XTR Big Bore in like new shape. I placed it back in it's spot on the gun rack. It was tough to let that one slide away.

<>< Fish

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
I regret to this day not buying a Marlin 1894CL in both 25-20 and 32-20 when they made them in the early 90s (or was it 1989?),,,,,,,,anyhow I was stationed at Ft Lewis, paying on our house here in NC (no renters) and renting out there,,,,,just couldn't swing it at the time,,,,,,now haven't found one for sale,,,,,,,,

I have one in 32-20 which my uncle gifted to me. If it ever goes on the block I hope to remember that you want one.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
The one I'd really like to have back is an early Ruger Red Label 20ga with English stock which I gave to my grandson when he turned 13. All through highschool he was a dual sport athlete and now plays college football so never has time to go hunting, in fact, he's 21 and still doesn't have his hunter certificate yet. When he graduates I hope that changes, otherwise I'm going to start working on a trade for that Ruger.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I'd like to see the Savage 99 come back. They're still available but prices are going up, and modern manufacturing could make them even more accurate- but I ended up with a 308 BLR. The Remington Nylon is another cool one that I think would be a hit today. My dream guns I want to buy are still made though, Browning A5, Benelli SBE2 (or 3), Ruger 77/ Winchester Model 70 in 308 and a Ruger #1 with a mannlicher stock in 257 Roberts

Last edited:

HarryNC

Eight Pointer
I'd like to see the Savage 99 come back. They're still available but prices are going up, and modern manufacturing could make them even more accurate-.

I've got an old Savage 99 in 300 Savage, and it is a tack-driver out to about 200 yards. Accuracy drops off rapidly after that, due to the limitations of that cartridge. Would like to pick up one in .308 Win, but I can buy a pretty nice new bolt gun (thinking about a Weatherby Vanguard) for less than the old 99s are selling for.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I didn't even have to look, 2boyz.

That's one reason they're so cool.
It's also one reason it stays on my list! LOL :)

Last edited:

2boyz

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I didn't even have to look, 2boyz.

That's one reason they're so cool.
It's also one reason it stays on my list! LOL :)

Greg, I lost sleep last night because of this caliber. I pulled an old book off the shelf and read for an hour. Jack O'Connor's "The Big Game Animals of North America". Mama gave me a hardcover edition for HS graduation.

Some on here can relate to the historic value of this 416 Rigby.
http://sportingclassicsdaily.com/oconnor-rigby/

Vaughn

Spike
Top of the list will always be my Grandpa's old Remington Double Barrel...long story, but it got gone after he died when my dad was a boy.

Then:
Springfield Omega in 10mm
Ruger #3 in 223
Remington model 7 in 260

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
A Fox Model BDE (has the satin chrome reciever). My dad had one when I was little. It came with one trigger and he sent it back to have the second one added. Best buckshot shooting gun I have ever seen. I would love to get my hands on that gun.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Firearms you wish were made or still being made? Everyone has to have something on their wishlist.

A Ruger LCR kit gun is high on my list. Something with a 3"-4" barrel and adjustable hi-viz sights would be nice. Ruger could revive and own the kit gun market with this gun. They should offer it in .22LR and .22WMR.

What's on your own wishlist?

<>< Fish

Well Ruger made the kit gun LCRx 3" barrel in .22LR I guess it is my duty to buy one now.

<>< Fish

2329548.jpg

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
fishhunt - you spoke, they listened,,,,you are now definitely duty bound to buy one,,,,,heck buy two and I'll hold one for ya!!

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
An original Remington 700 BDL Mtn Rifle in .280 Rem. I had one and like a dummy let someone talk me out of it... wish I still had it.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk