Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kubota Tractor L2501 vs L3301

Four Pointer
    Between Southeastern NC and Northwestern NC

Just looked up specs and more like 10% or so

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Comparing a 35 hp tractor to a 1000 hp tractor is like asking why cant i ski behind a battleship when I can behind my jon boat. Its all relative and a 20% loss of power ( was told that today at the Kubota dealer) makes a huge difference when starting at 35. It seems like it is more evident when mowing than anything else for some reason.
    We aren't talking about thousands of HP, my 953 Cat. is 110 HP and hydrostatic. I had a 955 and it actually had more HP but the fully hydrostatic 953 is much easier to work, faster and will push more.

Well this is making my decision easier! LOL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Just looked up specs and more like 10% or so
    I can believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by nccatfisher View Post
    We aren't talking about thousands of HP, my 953 Cat. is 110 HP and hydrostatic. I had a 955 and it actually had more HP but the fully hydrostatic 953 is much easier to work, faster and will push more.
    I know the hystat lawnmowers dont have the pull and longevity that gears do. I can def see hystat as advantageous for bucket work. For field work and mowing, id definitely rather have gears. For new users, hystat would be very easy to use.

Just my opinion, but those old cat 963s sure do push. Easy to flip, but i havent seen anything in the class that can out push them.

Quote Originally Posted by pattersonj11 View Post
    I know the hystat lawnmowers dont have the pull and longevity that gears do. I can def see hystat as advantageous for bucket work. For field work and mowing, id definitely rather have gears. For new users, hystat would be very easy to use.

Just my opinion, but those old cat 963s sure do push. Easy to flip, but i havent seen anything in the class that can out push them.
    Never ran a 963 but real familiar with a 953. The 955s all three H, K and L I have plenty of seat time on.