Nice fish

Looks like a good place to bow fish for giant cats

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Nice fish

Looks like a good place to bow fish for giant cats
How many shallow flats have you seen in the Cape fear for them to come up in so they could be easily bowfished? Troll that crap somewhere else fool.

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Lmao^ pot stirring

Glad he let it go, wouldn't have been good tablefare anyways, once in a lifetime catch!!!

I've fished the cape fear before, interesting river and some great catfishing.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Not my problem catfish are legal to bowfish......
Why don't you go down there and try it, report back with your success. I'll venture to say your poundage would be less than your IQ, and that would be about the weight of a dozen crappie minnows.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Why don't you go down there and try it, report back with your success. I'll venture to say your poundage would be less than your IQ, and that would be about the weight of a dozen crappie minnows.

Why bother? Cat fisherman can't get their act together like trout or bass fishermen

Peace

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Why bother? Cat fisherman can't get their act together like trout or bass fishermen
I believe you were the one trolling saying it was a good place to bowfish, exactly how much of that have you done? Why not just mention electo-fishing? That is also a legal means of harvest down there also, and quite a bit more productive.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Trout fishermen can get size limits and protections on non native trout. Not so catfish guys on the CFR
They can get them on other lakes and tributaries where bow fishing became an issue. And BTW they don't spout lies about rules and regs. for harvest like you did. Remember that?

wasmeneh

Button Buck
This fish was caught on the North East Cape Fear River, not the Cape Fear River. Near Lane's Ferry.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Didn't see origianally that it was on the NE cape fear

I fished the main cape fear in Bladen county specifically. Loved that area.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Book a trip with Zakk Royce. He put 3 guys on 60-70lb fish a few weeks ago.

Was planning to give him a call after hunting season wraps up.
Any idea on cost? 300 under or more than that.
Be a good chance to learn something...
He is also fishing waters I get to from time to time

Last edited:

flathead977

Ten Pointer
Was planning to give him a call after hunting season wraps up.
Any idea on cost? 300 under or more than that.
Be a good chance to learn something...
He is also fishing waters I get to from time to time

Check out Bluesbrotherscharters.com it is Zakk's website. I think he has his rates on there.