My New Hunting Land

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
Congrats on your land. This has been the best, most expense, and fun investment I have ever made!

I hear ya! First thing I need to do is put up a metal building to store some equipment in. I have an existing concrete pad that measures 30'x100' that I assume use to house a barn. I think I'm going to put up a 24'x26' metal building on the pad. I'm hoping that will be big enough for future needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

derekorr1986

Six Pointer
I hear ya! First thing I need to do is put up a metal building to store some equipment in. I have an existing concrete pad that measures 30'x100' that I assume use to house a barn. I think I'm going to put up a 24'x26' metal building on the pad. I'm hoping that will be big enough for future needs.

Build as big as you can, you'll fill up a 24x26 pretty quickly with all the toys and implements you'll end up collecting.

Acorn1956

Six Pointer

Build as big as you can, you'll fill up a 24x26 pretty quickly with all the toys and implements you'll end up collecting.

I was just talking to a farmer friend today and he told me the exact same thing... lol!

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yep. I would put a lean-to on the back for implements. Wouldn't hurt to have a skinning shed on the side of it too. Do you have water/power? If you've already got a 30'x100' pad, you can do all kinds of stuff with that. You could make part of it a carport for a truck or camper, and even have a roofed shelter area with a couple picnic tables for get togethers. The possibilities are only restricted by cashflow.:)

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
Yep. I would put a lean-to on the back for implements. Wouldn't hurt to have a skinning shed on the side of it too. Do you have water/power? If you've already got a 30'x100' pad, you can do all kinds of stuff with that. You could make part of it a carport for a truck or camper, and even have a roofed shelter area with a couple picnic tables for get togethers. The possibilities are only restricted by cashflow.:)

I think I'm going to upgrade to a 26'x30' building with an attached carport.
The plan later on is to add a hunting cabin as well.

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
I used transline on some kudzu this year with good success. It targets legumes so it wouldn't kill everything in the area. Glyphosate would be cheaper but it isn't selective. It usually takes a couple of treatments over a few years in an established stand to get it under control.

Hey Curdog, any idea where I can buy Transline? My Tractor Supply does not have it.
Thanks

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor
You may have to go to a local farm store or herbicide dealer and they may carry it or be able to order it. Also it is available online. One of the cheaper generics is clopyralid 3. Most of the time I use an equivalent generic... I'll see if I can find a local source.

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
You may have to go to a local farm store or herbicide dealer and they may carry it or be able to order it. Also it is available online. One of the cheaper generics is clopyralid 3. Most of the time I use an equivalent generic... I'll see if I can find a local source.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk