A Buck That Roamed Too Far

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Neat story. To bad he was hit by a truck, good that you do know what happened to him though.

I have done a fair amount of reading research done on buck movement during the rut. Some never moved more than 400 yards and some traveled miles then would return home at the end of the rut. Basically, some bucks are homebodies and some are roamers. Never know what you will see in the rut.

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
wow...Thats just crazy. (edit, just read through). That sucks but at least it is a cool story and you wont have to go the rest of your life without ever wondering what happened to that deer.

Last edited:

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
I finally got around to cleaning up the skull from this buck. Although he ended up being road kill, I couldn't throw him away. Too nice of a buck. Plus, the story behind it is crazy. Anyway, thought I'd share.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I finally got around to cleaning up the skull from this buck. Although he ended up being road kill, I couldn't throw him away. Too nice of a buck. Plus, the story behind it is crazy. Anyway, thought I'd share.

Bucks like that need to be displayed. The squirls can have the dinks to chew on. Lol