19 pointer?

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
Great buck, where did you find the shed? Field? Thicket? We're you looking for it?

Very well used trail leaving a field. Not a thicket. We weren't looking for it. We were looking for a place to install a camera but each time we are in the woods we keep an eye out. It was almost surreal when we found it. It looked huge laying there on the ground.

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Very well used trail leaving a field. Not a thicket. We weren't looking for it. We were looking for a place to install a camera but each time we are in the woods we keep an eye out. It was almost surreal when we found it. It looked huge laying there on the ground.

I would look hard in that area. I bet the other one is close. Very nice!

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
I would look hard in that area. I bet the other one is close. Very nice!

We looked as best we could. We feel like a large vine knocked this one off. The other side is bigger so his head would feel really lopsided. I don't know if he would try to shake it off or not. My son found a shed once and the next day I went out and looked and found the mate about 30 yards away. I want to go back but my son says don't mess with it until we get some good pics. This place has no squirrels so maybe it will make it.

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
I found one in Ohio several years back. Showed it to my dad before I picked it up. We walked up the hill and it hit me...go back the other might be laying there too. I walked back down the hill and sure enough....it was laying within 10 ft. matching set in the 140s but the squirrels had done a number on them. The lopsided thing is why I think the other is close by. Sometimes they will knock it off with their back leg. Good luck either way...hope you find it.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I would be looking hard for that other side. Normally, it's not worth the effort given the odds, but that deer is worth it.

Like others, I have found a matched set laying within feet of each other, but that's still rare.

BTW, I count 14 on the other side.

Last edited:

HorNhnTr

Twelve Pointer
not sure if you mentioned this but do you know if any others have knowledge of this deer? The BBD buck had what seemed like that whole community hunting him.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
We've been pretty good about keeping it's location secret. Even warned my son about metadata on iphone images. There might be one mysterious death before the season opens though.

Last edited:

redbow

Ten Pointer
Did you ever see the deer last year while hunting? Get anymore pics? Do you think he was roaming and just passing through? Seems like you would have known about this buck sooner than Oct if it was his core territory. What do you think? On the other hand you did find his shed on your land.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
Found a rub line after the 2015 season ended. Put camera on it in October. Hunted him quite a bit last year but never saw him. Those are the only pics we ever got.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
I wish I could say I found the left side but I didn't. Made arrangements with the person that did find it to get some pics. Had 13 points so it was a 20 pointer instead of 19.

IMG_4359.jpg

Last edited:

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Is that from this year or last camera print says oct 2016. nice deer regardless hope he is still around.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
Left side found in February, right side found in late May. I saw him once in mid June in velvet through 10x binocs at about 150 yards and he did not have the non typical point growing off the left beam.

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
Talk to the other shed owner and maybe have a replica set made....you get the replica left and he gets the replica right.....split the price.
I know a guy who can do it, he is reputable and does alot of replicas.
Great buck, stunning really.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
Talk to the other shed owner and maybe have a replica set made....you get the replica left and he gets the replica right.....split the price.
I know a guy who can do it, he is reputable and does alot of replicas.
Great buck, stunning really.

The owner of the left made me an offer I couldn't refuse. He is looking into replicas. Can I get the info from you on that guys who does replicas?