How old?

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
How old is this deer on the right?

buck1.jpg

Edited to say he was found dead in a cutover last hunting season.

Last edited:

SM270

Ten Pointer
Looks to be 4 starting to get that sway in the back and little pot belly just my opinion though

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Here is the same deer from last year. A lot of people said 4.5 last year..some even said 5.5. We ended up picking up his shed from 2014 last year and he was pretty close to the same antler size in 2014 and 2015. This year he might of added a little mass(hard to tell in velvet). Anyways...wasn't trying to trick anyone but hope we could all learn from this. Just wanted to share my findings. I don't believe he will score a 100" and he is at least 5.5 years old but could be 6.5. Thanks for the replies and any feed back.

http://www.nchuntandfish.com/forums/showthread.php?120723-how-old

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
^That's why I like to see multiple pictures of a deer. Guesstimating is much easier with several different poses.

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Just figured out the old buck died last year. Member of our club found him dead during hunting season(Dec.). I did not realize it was him at the time but he posted pictures on face book of the skull mount that he had made and sure enough...it was him. Not sure of the cause of death but he was found dead in a new cutover along side the road. He must of died shortly after this photo was taken because he still had velvet on his antlers. He was not a high scoring deer but he was a legend to those of us who knew he was there.