Hunting partner

Jacobharding25

Hey guys! Name is Jacob Harding, 23, and fairly new to ENC. located in Greenville NC but am willing to drive to Alaska if I had to. lifetime hunter so I am hopeful to find someone to go hit those early morning hunts with. I am not able to join a club this year, so right now public is my only route. I have all equipment except a boat and more than happy to do the leg work as pertained to scouting to ensure an eventful hunt. I am aware that a persons spots are exclusive, so I would be compliant with all hunting etiquette. Thanks guys, good luck this season!

Jaimes

Four Pointer
Hey Jacob I always need a hand when it comes to waterfowl. I live in Greenville but I don't swamp hunt. Grew up on Ocracoke so I open water only. I'll be gearing up start of October drop me a pm with ur info..
Jaimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Glad you got a line on this. I am just over an hour North of you in Halifax County. I hunt the lakes and river around the area. I if yall want to get a trip or two together, let me know. I will be trying to get to the coast for a few hunts as well. I usually have room in the boat for one to two others.

JD1107

Jacob once the season kicks in send me a PM and we can try and get together. I have some private swamps that I'll be hunting this year as well open water out of the boat depending on where the birds are. I teach here in Greenville and only have time to duck hunt on the weekends and holidays.

CountryRN id like to get in touch with you this season as well. We spoke some last year, but never had a chance to get together. Anyhow I've located a few spots up around you that are public that we could try that were very productive last year for me.

Jake

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Well this might be one of the most friendly duck hunting threads I've read! Haha good job fellas!

I look at it this way, I am not posting where I am hunting. Anyone I take is going to put in time and effort with me, and there are no secret spots. And if there is a spot i really want to hunt, you will only beat me there once.
I have invited others into the blind with me that showed up late and have been invited in myself.
I have come to a point in life when spending get time time in God's nature, watching the sun rises over the decoys or it first morning rays streaming through the trees in the swamp and spending time in the blind with friends is the most important part of the hunt. Shooting a duck is the cherry on top.
So why not be friendly

JD1107

Well this might be one of the most friendly duck hunting threads I've read! Haha good job fellas!

Most of my duck hunting friends have moved out of the area so I'm always up for finding new friends to hunt with. I have one good buddy who's in Raleigh who I do a lot of permit hunts and a few private impoundment hunts with. My buddy who got me into this extremely addictive sport lives down in Moorhead who I get up with once or twice a year. My other buddy who I duck hunt with here in Greenville is a buck freak so he doesn't get out till January. But other then that I usually hunt solo which can be a work out when I'm hunting big water with a couple dozen decoys to put out. So I'm always up to find some new folks with the same interests as me as long as there's that mutual understanding that we all have to pull our own weight and it's not just my spots we hunt.

Last edited:

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Kudos to you guys for handling this thread much better than some others in our past. I agree wholeheartedly with Henry on how he approaches this topic.

To the OP I'd take these guys up on their offers and do all you can to help out on your end because these type offers are rare over the interweb. I've shared a blind with CountryRN and a few others on this forum and some great friendships have resulted.

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Kudos to you guys for handling this thread much better than some others in our past. I agree wholeheartedly with Henry on how he approaches this topic.

To the OP I'd take these guys up on their offers and do all you can to help out on your end because these type offers are rare over the interweb. I've shared a blind with CountryRN and a few others on this forum and some great friendships have resulted.

As good ol fowlplay'n can tell ya, friendships made on this site can help out when you are in a pinch also. lol You aren't gonna live that one down.......
I hope we can get a few hunts in this year.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Yeah I had a feeling that would come up.lol But hey, I sure was happy to see a familiar face that day!!

Just let me know when buddy. As long as I'm not driving the boat we should be good.lol

Shine

Six Pointer
Contributor
I'm always looking for new people to hunt with if anyone is interested. I live in Raleigh and have decoys and a kayak if anyone is looking to go some time.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm always looking for new people to hunt with if anyone is interested. I live in Raleigh and have decoys and a kayak if anyone is looking to go some time.

I'm game in January. I have a Kayak but no decoys. Been wanting to hunt from my pro angler.

ridenismo

Six Pointer
If any of you guys around hte greenville area are looking for a quick spot to sneak into on the weekdays, shoot me a PM. Ive got a 40 acre swamp and 200+ acres of corn on the property im currently living at. Hunted it all through college and decided to rent the old farm house and move out here. With a little luck ill have the boat ready to go for open water by the time the cold gets here, but well see. Ive got long lines and a few hundred decoys if anybody is looking for an extra gun and set of hands.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Ridenismo, we've got the boat, layout, and blocks. If you want to join us for an open water hunt this season shoot me a message and we can get something planned out. Always enjoy meeting new members here and appreciate any help we can get setting up the spread.

Chad

Four Pointer
Another Greenville fella here with lots of vacation time saved up just to smack some ducks. Most of my time this year will be spent down towards the coast diver hunting with the occasional local shoot when they are around. Good luck to everyone this year and I'm willing to meet up and hunt with some new faces as well. I also have a house down on the pamlico that makes a good home base depending on the side of the river that is being hunted. I'm im the same boat as Ridenismo as im in the middle of a new boat project but i plan to have it ready by November and still have a back up. By the way did you ever get your truck straightened out?

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
I'm thinking somebody needs to do a thread for these boat projects.lol What kind of rigs are y'all working on?

Chad

Four Pointer
I've ended up with a 175 Yamaha and I'm working on a deal on a 20 ft c hawk center console now. Some Parker green duck boat paint on the outside and fit my old blind to it and she will be good to go. I would like to try a different style open water blind but I'm already pushing it having this ready. If I can't get it done I'll be stuck in the old 83 McKee craft again this year.