Geese

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
At the property in Caswell I usually have a flock or two fly over on a daily basis. Any idea how to get them to stop in during the season? There is a 3-4 acre pond that they typically fly over but never seem to stop.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Only luck I have had with fly by ones like that is a few decoys and some really aggressive calling. I have has decent luck getting them to give me just enough of a look for a few shots.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Same way 90% of NC gets deer to stop by. But you didn't mention the legal aspect. I am kidding before everyone gets their shorts in a wad.

Last edited:

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Same way 90% of NC gets deer to stop by. But you didn't mention the legal aspect. I am kidding before everyone gets their shorts in a wad.

Heh was at Tractor Supply in VA on Sunday and half of the center of the store was devoted to deer feed, supplements etc... There must be a bunch of people in Martinsville with leases in NC.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I think they are attracted to golf balls, at least I reckon that's why there's so many that frequent golf courses.. :D

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Get better skybusting equipment, they aren't going to stop, that's early goose season. You need to follow them to where they are going and then ask permission.

skydog

Throw a few decoys in the pond and call aggressively. Resident geese can be real dumb and cooperative early in the season so there's a decent chance they will at least give you enough of a look to get a few shots off.