Where should I go????

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Told the wife I would take her to the beach in Oct. Maybe it will be a little cooler down there by then. Haven't fished the coast in years so might need to put some new line on the reels. Any suggestions on where to go to pier/surf fish around that time. Not looking for citation fish, just a little action and a few for the cooler.

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
In October, there is only one place to be for surf fishing, the Outerbanks!!! Be it Hatteras, Ocracoke, Portsmouth, or Lookout. October is a magical time of year for surf fishing and since you will have your wife, I would recommend somewhere on Hatteras around the Avon, Buxton, or Frisco area, but preferably around the Buxton (the Cape Hatteras Motel, Outerbanks Motel, or Light House View Motel are right on the beach) . You can fish off Avon pier or fish there at the motels. You can access the beach at ramps 38, 43,44, 49, or 55, within 15 minutes of Buxton if you have a 4WD vehicle and hop on the ferry and do a day trip over to Ocracoke. You will need a beach ORV permit from the NPS office there at Cape Hatteras Light House before you can access the beach with your vehicle.

Last edited:

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Topsail Island, either the north end or south end at Topsail Beach and Jolly Roger pier and inn.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Topsail has always been productive in my opinion. Caught quite a few black drum and sheepshead there along with a few flounder.

CBD21

Eight Pointer
I will be on oak island the whole month of October, and will make a couple day trips to topsail.

deerhunter28

Ten Pointer
In October, there is only one place to be for surf fishing, the Outerbanks!!! Be it Hatteras, Ocracoke, Portsmouth, or Lookout. October is a magical time of year for surf fishing and since you will have your wife, I would recommend somewhere on Hatteras around the Avon, Buxton, or Frisco area, but preferably around the Buxton (the Cape Hatteras Motel, Outerbanks Motel, or Light House View Motel are right on the beach) . You can fish off Avon pier or fish there at the motels. You can access the beach at ramps 38, 43,44, 49, or 55, within 15 minutes of Buxton if you have a 4WD vehicle and hop on the ferry and do a day trip over to Ocracoke. You will need a beach ORV permit from the NPS office there at Cape Hatteras Light House before you can access the beach with your vehicle.

^^^^ this
Listen to this guy

Southside

Ten Pointer
What's the opinion here of the Oceana pier and surf fishing in that area (Atlantic Beach NC) in late Oct early Nov?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

big bore bob

Eight Pointer
1shot nailed it.
I go to OBX for a week every October except two since '91.
Been there in hurricanes, floods, freezing weather and tropical weather. But the bite is usually always on in October. I usually stay down around Frisco and from there it's not far to the fun in any direction.