Don't forget about the other migratory birds!

ruffedgrouse1

While most folks are out pounding at doves trying to get a limit, keep in mind that early goose will be open as well. Be sure to get your fed duck stamp first, but this might be a foot in the door on some farms.

Tell em heck no, I don't want to shoot any doves, I wanna shoot your crop-eating winged possums!

Anybody planning to shoot some this Sept?

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
Always wanted to try goose hunting..but Havnt a clue as to calling, or hunting them and don't know anyone that waterfowl hunts. :(

Sent from.......wait....where am I?!

bgbuckdwn

Zombie you need to join me in the swamp at my hunt club one Saturday during duck season for an early morning woodie shoot. You'll be hooked on fowl for life after that

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Always wanted to try goose hunting..but Havnt a clue as to calling, or hunting them and don't know anyone that waterfowl hunts. :(

Sent from.......wait....where am I?!

You don't need to call an early season goose unless you just want to look cool doing it. Just find them, pattern them, and shoot them.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The key to geese imo is to use enough gun. You can literally see when the pellets hit and they keep right on trucking sometimes or glide down hundreds of yards away.

BBB would be the minimum in my opinion.

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
The key to geese imo is to use enough gun. You can literally see when the pellets hit and they keep right on trucking sometimes or glide down hundreds of yards away.

BBB would be the minimum in my opinion.

I hit em in the head with 3" #2's when that's all I have. I prefer BB's. Heck, I may or may not have seen a few shot in my younger days with 7.5's with steel-ish shot.

ruffedgrouse1

I have killed all my geese with 3 inch #2's. But, I don't take 45 yard shots either. When they are in range, let er rip.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
BB's or 1's will hammer them at just about any distance most shooters can consistently hit. I hunt Sask. fairly often and love 1's when lying in a field waiting on both ducks and geese. They rock.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
I hit em in the head with 3" #2's when that's all I have. I prefer BB's. Heck, I may or may not have seen a few shot in my younger days with 7.5's with steel-ish shot.

I have heard a .223 works wonders on them. Not that I would know.:donk