What happens at death?

seminolewind

Being serious now ......

We humans are eternal spiritual beings - living an earthly existence - in a temporal body. One day we will have physical body that will be eternal.

I don’t see any evidence in the Bible to suggest that any other living thing has a soul, which is the individual identity part of us that makes up our mind, will and emotions. I do however, think there is a spirit element that "gives life" to all forms, but that is not the same thing as a soul.

Personally, I think there will be animals in the "new" creation, just like there is in this original one.

Well said........

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Saw this posted a few days ago on another site. Christian or not it will make you think.

<>< Fish

f14d5-blog-29april2013-god-hates-386890_640151506010280_584388718_n.jpg

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
Saw this posted a few days ago on another site. Christian or not it will make you think.

<>< Fish

^^^^^^^^^^

Even if the bible turned out to be 100% accurate, I'll pass on heaven. Not my cup of tea. [emoji14] :D

Sent from.......wait....where am I?!

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
^^^^^^^^^^

Even if the bible turned out to be 100% accurate, I'll pass on heaven. Not my cup of tea. [emoji14] :D

Zombie...no stones here , simply puzzled by your statement

So, even if God and heaven are real according to the Bible you have no interest? Please elaborate

Last edited:

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
Zombie...no stones here , simply puzzled by your statement

So, even if God and heaven are real according to the Bible you have no interest? Please elaborate
If heaven is real, there are only two options as far as memory. 1: you remember your life on earth. So all the people you know and love that end up in hell, it would be like torture knowing they are burning in hell. 2: you remember nothing from your earthly life...in which case, what's the point? This whole life was a waste.

Also, I have no desire to be in the presence of God for eternity. I didn't like worshiping as a child, don't want to now, so that whole thing doesn't intrest me in the least.

Heaven would also have to be the most boring place ever. No movies, no music I like, no hunting, no sex, no cars, no games, no anything fun.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
If heaven is real, there are only two options as far as memory. 1: you remember your life on earth. So all the people you know and love that end up in hell, it would be like torture knowing they are burning in hell. 2: you remember nothing from your earthly life...in which case, what's the point? This whole life was a waste.

Also, I have no desire to be in the presence of God for eternity. I didn't like worshiping as a child, don't want to now, so that whole thing doesn't intrest me in the least.

Heaven would also have to be the most boring place ever. No movies, no music I like, no hunting, no sex, no cars, no games, no anything fun.

I have loads of fun and freedom in Jesus...now religion is definitely boring

Thanks for clarifying Zombie. Happy hunting!

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns

<>< Fish

This reaffirms a belief I've held for a very long time that god is more of a dictator than anything. Love him or ELSE the worst imaginable thing anyone can fathom will be your fate.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hell is simply a permanent separation from God. Sin is something that CANNOT exist in God's presence. Just like darkness CANNOT exist in the light. If you die and choose not to ask God's forgiveness and rid yourself of sin then YOU send YOUSELF to hell, or permanent separation from God. God DOES NOT send ANYBODY to hell. People do that to themselves. It's YOUR choice. God gave you that with free will. Blaming God for you going to hell is like blaming gravity for killing you when you refuse to pull the cord to your parachute.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Hell is simply a permanent separation from God. Sin is something that CANNOT exist in God's presence. Just like darkness CANNOT exist in the light. If you die and choose not to ask God's forgiveness and rid yourself of sin then YOU send YOUSELF to hell, or permanent separation from God. God DOES NOT send ANYBODY to hell. People do that to themselves. It's YOUR choice. God gave you that with free will. Blaming God for you going to hell is like blaming gravity for killing you when you refuse to pull the cord to your parachute.

So does this mean hell isn't a fiery pool of misery and agony for all eternity? It just a separation from god? I'm separated from god now is this hell for me?

Reason I ask is because in my 41 yrs on this earth every thing I've ever been told is that hell is the most horrible painful place of agony anyone can imagine. Its a place where you go to burn and be ripped to pieces by demons over and over.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You not presently PERMANENTLY separated from God now. You still have your opportunity. Consider this. If God is the light, and the only refuge sin can have is away from that light, is in the dark...what do you suppose exists in that darkness now. My reasoning tells me it is other sinful souls...as well as Satin and his minions. How do you think these sin filled beings are going to treat you? Think about how you would be treated if thrown into prison with a bunch of hardened criminals...an eternal sentence with no parole, no hope and YOU chose it for yourself.

God does not choose this for ANYONE. He even provided an easier way to avoid it. He gave us a part of Himself...his Son, to willingly take on OUR sins. All we have to do is recognize and accept that gift. Yep, it's really THAT easy.

Again, God does NOT sent anyone to hell. It's just that sin cannot exist before God. Just as cold cannot exist in the presence of heat, dry cannot exist in water and dark can't exist in light.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
You not presently PERMANENTLY separated from God now. You still have your opportunity. Consider this. If God is the light, and the only refuge sin can have is away from that light, is in the dark...what do you suppose exists in that darkness now. My reasoning tells me it is other sinful souls...as well as Satin and his minions. How do you think these sin filled beings are going to treat you? Think about how you would be treated if thrown into prison with a bunch of hardened criminals...an eternal sentence with no parole, no hope and YOU chose it for yourself.

God does not choose this for ANYONE. He even provided an easier way to avoid it. He gave us a part of Himself...his Son, to willingly take on OUR sins. All we have to do is recognize and accept that gift. Yep, it's really THAT easy.

Again, God does NOT sent anyone to hell. It's just that sin cannot exist before God. Just as cold cannot exist in the presence of heat, dry cannot exist in water and dark can't exist in light.

Gotcha, thx for clarifying

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
This reaffirms a belief I've held for a very long time that god is more of a dictator than anything. Love him or ELSE the worst imaginable thing anyone can fathom will be your fate.

You are looking this all wrong...we all (including me) turned against our Maker (just read your post) and deserve hell...instead God loves us so much He has provided a free gift to HEAVEN...that islove and grace.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
You are looking this all wrong...we all (including me) turned against our Maker (just read your post) and deserve hell...instead God loves us so much He has provided a free gift to HEAVEN...that islove and grace.

But if god loved us then why create something so painful for us based solely on our worship of him? Not our deeds in life because there's plenty of great moral non-Christian people that by the rules end up in hell. Heaven or hell is only decided by whether or not you pledge your love, allegiance or whatever to god.

My comment about the dictator stands. Saddam Hussein wanted you to love him and if you didn't you were handcuffed and thrown off roofs or worse. God IMO and its only my opinion is really no different.......love me or else.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well, God got one thing right. There is none so blind, as one who WILL NOT see. We can't stand before God, because of something in our nature that won't allow it. So, God creates a way that we can rid ourselves of that which prevents us from standing before him. When someone chooses to hang on to that part that prevents us from heaven, and NOT to use the method God created, and ends up in hell, you think God is and evil dictator? All because you think you should be able to do things YOUR way? The one thing God CAN NOT do is change His nature, which is what you think He should do. He can't help that sin cannot exist in His presence. In other words, you think you know better than God. Guess who else thought that also? He reigns in Hell now.

Getting to heaven isn't based on works. You, me, nor anybody can do enough "good works" to get in heaven. It is based on grace...a FREE gift. All you have to do is accept it!
I certainly pray you can one day see the light and accept that gift. Believe it or not, God does also.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Well, God got one thing right. There is none so blind, as one who WILL NOT see. We can't stand before God, because of something in our nature that won't allow it. So, God creates a way that we can rid ourselves of that which prevents us from standing before him. When someone chooses to hang on to that part that prevents us from heaven, and NOT to use the method God created, and ends up in hell, you think God is and evil dictator? All because you think you should be able to do things YOUR way? The one thing God CAN NOT do is change His nature, which is what you think He should do. He can't help that sin cannot exist in His presence. In other words, you think you know better than God. Guess who else thought that also? He reigns in Hell now.

Getting to heaven isn't based on works. You, me, nor anybody can do enough "good works" to get in heaven. It is based on grace...a FREE gift. All you have to do is accept it!
I certainly pray you can one day see the light and accept that gift. Believe it or not, God does also.

Well thought out and solid post soilman. As an atheist I simply don't believe in god but your explanation here is as coherent and articulated as I've ever seen one.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You did a great job relaying that information Soilman, you're job has been done well. The opportunity will be there for everyone to recognize God's grace upon every one of us before the Savior comes to reclaim his kingdom on earth.
The choice is well documented, easy to understand and is simple for any man to accomplish. My hope is that all will one day make the only rational choice, but sadly that won't happen. There are many things that will remain a mystery until we receive enlightenment when we are reborn into our eternal bodies. What the ramifications are of choosing self over the Savior isn't a mystery at all.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns

God didn't put anyone into an airplane or strap a parachute on them. Very poor comparison, like comparing apples and hand grenades. The Christian version of the bible says that God created all. If you created all then you created ALL, everything, good, bad and other. If it were truly free will then there would be more than two choices. At best it is a compulsory form of manipulation of people's lives out of fear of the unknown. Free will does not equal choosing between two choices that you don't want.

<>< Fish

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
God didn't put anyone into an airplane or strap a parachute on them. Very poor comparison, like comparing apples and hand grenades. The Christian version of the bible says that God created all. If you created all then you created ALL, everything, good, bad and other. If it were truly free will then there would be more than two choices. At best it is a compulsory form of manipulation of people's lives out of fear of the unknown. Free will does not equal choosing between two choices that you don't want.

<>< Fish

If you strictly used and consistently applied that same logic and reasoning to every other aspect of your life it might have some credibility - but you don't. Everything in life involves choices, and the fact that you don't have total control over your options doesn't hinder you in the least from exercising your free will everyday. In other words, the principle of free will isn't nullified just because you don't get to dictate what the choices will be.

God offered us Heaven because of His love for us - not our love for Him.

Last edited:

DFisher

Eight Pointer
Romans 14:10-12. I am sure not all believe it, but I believe that all will eventually believe.

10 &#8230;..For we will all stand before God&#700;s judgment seat. 11 It is written: &#8220;&#8198;&#8216;As surely as I live,&#8217; says the Lord, &#8216;every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.&#8217;&#8198;&#8221; 12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
God offered us Heaven because of His love for us - not our love for Him.

Why did he also offer us hell? Was it meant to be a punishment for being born into a world where he created and controlled all? The good, the bad and the ugly? Created us knowing we would sin, born us into a world of sin and decided that wasn't bad enough so he created hell? Probably wasn't made for us to understand anyway.

I think ol' Samuel Clemens had a better take on how I feel than I can put into words:

...a God who could make good children as easily a bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave is angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice, and invented hell--mouths mercy, and invented hell--mouths Golden Rules and foregiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people, and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him! - Mark Twain

<>< Fish

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
God offered you Hell because it wouldn't be free will if you didn't have a choice. You and you alone get to decide.

It's really not a question of belief or complete understanding, it's a question of acceptance or rejection. Satan and his minions fully believe in God and who He is, they simply chose to rebel against it.

A human created without free will is nothing but a mindless being - an animal, in other words. They have no sense of "self" and simply exist and act out of instinct. God created those first if you'll recall and he could have stopped there but he didn't.

If Mr. Twain died in a state of rebellion based on his silly notions, he would have a different take on the subject if we could bring him back from where he likely is ......

Last edited:

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Answer to the original question.
1 thru 5 are separated from God.
So, to know who is going to heaven? That person whose sin is covered by the perfect sacrifice of Christ. Simple answer.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns

If sin CANNOT exist in front of God, then just how did he create it?

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Did God create your house? How about your car? Your gun? No, man created those thing, just like man created sin. God created all the resources man used to make all those things. God created the space that contains Hell, but God's other creations are responsible for filling that space.