Quick question?

ksachs13

Well, let me rephrase that. Landowners, tenets and members of their immediate family living with them are exempt from fishing license requirements for waters on land they own. And...Game wardens don't patrol private property.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

ksachs13

If they are after somebody, they may find themselves on private property, but its the same as a police officer walking around your private property to make sure your driver's license isn't expired.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I watched a game warden walk down a logging road on private property opening morning of rifle without orange on 2 years ago about 9am. I met him at his truck and "nicely" told him how big of an idiot he was and that he was lucky he wasn't killed. Not to mentioning potentially messing up opening morning for many hunters he couldn't see...

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
If they are after somebody, they may find themselves on private property, but its the same as a police officer walking around your private property to make sure your driver's license isn't expired.

well i hope you are wrong.

if you are in the act of fishing or hunting, then i am pretty sure they can request your license. private, public, but i defer to those who really know.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
well i hope you are wrong.

if you are in the act of fishing or hunting, then i am pretty sure they can request your license. private, public, but i defer to those who really know.
He is wrong about GW's on private property but you don't have to have a license on your common private pond per say.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Game warden can enter your property looking for violation if has tip or valid suspicion of illegal activity no warrant needed, As far as license way I read it is since the pond isn't on your property or land your leasing and living on you will need a license

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I dont think private ponds are included. Those fish are considered privately owned and not public wildlife.

rangerxp

Eight Pointer
Game Warden can't bother you on a private pond " for fishing " unless the property owner allows them to do so .

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Game Warden can't bother you on a private pond " for fishing " unless the property owner allows them to do so .
Fire up some weed while you are fishing on that private pond and try out that theory. All he/she has to do is have probable cause that you are doing it.

Google "open fields doctrine"

Last edited:

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Fire up some weed while you are fishing on that private pond and try out that theory. All he/she has to do is have probable cause that you are doing it.

Can the game warden do anything about the fishing? He can ticket or arrest for drugs....but is fishing going to be ticketed on a private pond?

rangerxp

Eight Pointer

Smoking dope was not involved in the original question . Fishing was the question