Big Rock Tournament

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
3 over 500 today.... A 558 to finish up the day and take 2nd.

I'd love to see an 800+ win it.

Jake NFC

Twelve Pointer
There is a bigger one out there to be had. It's just gets harder each day after having 100+ boats pulling baits in the same general area six days in a row.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
It better happen tomorrow. The rest of the week is going to be pretty tough. Friday and Saturday look unfishable

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
There are always bigger fish in the sea! I can't believe that 50 bill fish have been caught! That's crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc

Twelve Pointer
Maybe it will hold, a lot of fish being caught from the looks of it!

My buddy won with a 470ish fish about 3-4 years ago. But I don't think that fish would usually win it. It was a down year.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Been a good week, have a feeling its all over tomorrow, Saturday is looking NASTY! Doubt many will fish but you never know. Guys I know fishing it having a tough week, nothing yet.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah it's a slow day today. Only one fish released so far. I'm shocked more game fish haven't been caught

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Oh I agree but at this point I'd also try to make some money. I may be wrong but with the weather reports I've seen it looks like there won't me many more fish caught

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They're talking 35 mph winds offshore Saturday....if you roll out in that you're hardcore.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well, it depends on the vessel and the desire....but that's DEFINITELY one toke over the line for me! LOL!

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
What direction? I remember coming out of hatteras inlet on a SW one time and it was rough, got to the stream and it laid down. Wind was with the current. Soon as you got out of the current, it was a bitch.

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
Reefcast is showing 12 feet at noon on Saturday for the stream and further out. NOAA says 9-16 feet.

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
what direction? I remember coming out of hatteras inlet on a sw one time and it was rough, got to the stream and it laid down. Wind was with the current. Soon as you got out of the current, it was a bitch.

ne !

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
ne !

Pushing against the current huh?

I'm not familiar with what direction does what but that's what I seem to remember. Not all directions are created equal? 35 has to suck no Mayer what.

Was it BakBar that their fish on about 5-6yrs ago that was tail wrapped or whatever and in rough seas? On the line like 5-6hrs?

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I've fished 6-8 and while not terrible, I couldn't imagine fighting a Marlin in it and trying to back down on a fish. Took a few over the sides and back. Most boats didn't go that day and all but ours came back early. I puked (first time out) over the side and it blew up and back into the mate's face. 😕

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
That sounds like you had a rough go at it. I've been out twice when it was really rough. It was 5-7ft seas and we some how made it 20 miles out fishing for kings and Mahi. Caught 1 but we got beat to death. One of our poles locked into the rod holder shattered in the middle of the shaft after coming out of the back of a big wave.

The other time I was on a head boat with my best friend. The capt. Didn't want to go but everyone convinced him to go. We turned the corner at the little river jetty and everyone turned white looking at the waves crashing over the jetty. All but 4 of us fished... I've never see so many sick ppl in my life...

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
A ton of fish released today and 2 have been boated another 20 mins and they will be headed to the scales. a lot of jockeying in the points

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
Well Piracy just lost out by 7 ounces or so. I was hoping for all local boats to make top 3 but I think it might be over. At least the winner is from NC

Last edited:

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Hear a pretty wild story about Viking 72. Fished the other side of the stream yesterday to avoid the storms. They had a blue estimated close to 600lbs in the teaser with 30 seconds left in the day. The captain was counting down the time and they ended up hooking up 20 seconds after time. They went back out to the same area today, 130 miles one way, the fish they boated was part of a double. They released an estimated 400+ fish first then boated the bigger fish that took third.

Last edited: