06/03/16

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Anybody else gonna try to get out and fish tomorrow? Weather looks like it will be doable nearshore so we are heading down bright and early to look for spanish. Still weary of the possible lightning but right now it looks like that will be in the afternoon. Anyway, we'll be out Beaufort inlet by 7am on the "AnnaWayWeGo" channel 68.

ltmcleod

Eight Pointer
I'll be looking for Spanish tomorrow after lunch. Hopefully the lightning will hold off long enough to put a couple in the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
I'll be looking for Spanish tomorrow after lunch. Hopefully the lightning will hold off long enough to put a couple in the boat.

Sounds like we may be crossing paths as I come in and you head out. If I find the fish i'll give you a heads up!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Anybody else gonna try to get out and fish tomorrow? Weather looks like it will be doable nearshore so we are heading down bright and early to look for spanish. Still weary of the possible lightning but right now it looks like that will be in the afternoon. Anyway, we'll be out Beaufort inlet by 7am on the "AnnaWayWeGo" channel 68.

this sounds easy to me versus some spanish trolling i have been a part of: today's n&O

Good Luck.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/outdoors/article81192492.html

ltmcleod

Eight Pointer
I recently tried the yo-zuri's and had a blast!

Last edited:

23mako

Ten Pointer
Yo zuri's are my go to if I am trolling for them. We caught some nice dolphin last week on the bigger deep divers.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Got a late start this morning and didn't launch the boat until 8am. Headed west out the inlet and found a steady bite in 30-35ft of water. Wasn't nonstop action but picked at them until noon then headed back in. Great day on the water with my dad!
05e539f88f107206a9a691eeaaca5f48.jpg

e83f44d6f9ebe21242460a28728e233c.jpg

ltmcleod

Eight Pointer
Nice fish! I fished from the cape to the point and the same area you fished this afternoon. Nothing but blues.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
All the Spanish came on #00 gold spoons except the big one. He hit a silver with green flash. We tried yozuri deep divers later in the morning and all it produced was a blue.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats on your catch.. I like them fresh right out of the water good eating, and smoked Spanish ain't bad either..

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Ran out of Carolina Beach Inlet thus morning g, headed to Sheepshead Rock. Started trolling spoons on planers. The 2 planner was digging close to bottom, caught a black sea bass and about 5 lizard fish off that one. Caught 1 blue off the bird and that was it. Hardly no bait in that area.

Headed back towards the inlet as the winds shifted and picked up. Did not pull anything off the AR or anywhere between. Called it about 1pm.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
That's a tough day!

We are leaving out now headed east. The wind doesn't look to favorable but we're gonna give it a look tomorrow morning. If we can make it out I'll post a report but if not I'll probably be taking the family to an island.

Anybody tried the sheepshead around Morehead city this year?

ltmcleod

Eight Pointer
We are headed east now also. We tried sheepshead last wknd in the afternoon with little luck. I don't think they're here thick just yet. I'll probably be drifting for flounder or fishing the marsh. Let me know how you do.