Cca

Ridge Runner

Button Buck
I was thinking about joining the CCA, but I heard they sided with the commercial guys against the rec guys on a few issues. It could have been just rumors. I was hoping to get some facts/opinions from CCA members or past members. I'm not trying to start a feud on here, I just wanted to know before I sent any money. I also fish Florida alot, so I asked on the Florida Sportsman forum also. I'm trying to get a general consensus on the CCA. Thanks.

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
Generally speaking the CCA and the commercial guys do not get along very well. I have been a member for years and feel it is a great organization.

Muzzleodor

Eight Pointer
I have heard from a reliable source that a CCA sticker can earn you some free modifications to your vehicle if you park it at the right/wrong ramp.

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
I recently went to the banquet in Burlington. My first and had a paid way in. It was definitely NOT about the resource. It was "look at this young girls boobs and buy raffle tickets from here and empty your pockets on silent auction crap." Never once were current projects etc mentioned. Just a good ol frat boy fest.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I recently went to the banquet in Burlington. My first and had a paid way in. It was definitely NOT about the resource. It was "look at this young girls boobs and buy raffle tickets from here and empty your pockets on silent auction crap." Never once were current projects etc mentioned. Just a good ol frat boy fest.
Hey now, what's so bad about boobs?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
I looked into joining a few years ago. At the time their website proudly stated that one of their primary goals was a full net ban everywhere. I decided I had better places to spend my money. If you think they side with commercial guys on anything I'd love to hear what. I listened to a presentation from their rep at NCSU one time as well. When I started asking questions his only answers were political cya type answers. They strike me as the type to cherry pick the science that agrees with them and ignore the rest. Some of the stuff that "agrees" is stretched a good bit, too. They do a lot of good in some areas, but they're a political machine, don't be fooled.

workennels

Eight Pointer
Have been a member for a few years, and attended a few banquets. They do hold fund raiser events like other organizations, but imo more monies raised go to supporting the resource then similar sportsman type groups in the outdoor world. I will continue to donate and support them.

manybeards

Ten Pointer
Proud Life Member....... CCA NC has long had an uphill battle in the state. Primarily due to knotheaded law makers in the pocket of Jerry Shill and his Commercial Fishing bosses. I fish all over the South Atlantic and Gulf States, and can tell you that Sport Fishermen in these other states just laugh at us. They see the potential we have and simply can't understand why we stand for the carnage caused by Gill Nets.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Does anyone really have the trouble catching fish that makes it worth while to go after the comms? Or is it just greed?

I could make more money than I do, but at what cost? We could totally cut out fishing if it's totally for the resource rather than special interests.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Does anyone really have the trouble catching fish that makes it worth while to go after the comms? Or is it just greed?

I could make more money than I do, but at what cost? We could totally cut out fishing if it's totally for the resource rather than special interests.

I've spent way to much time tilting at that windmill…