My favorite hunting plot

hrcarver

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
A mix of eagle soybeans and rr corn. It does cost you on the yield of both, but for a hunting plot the cover of the corn more than makes up for it in my opinion.

4dbfed86c96a405179d6d16e92e46f28.jpg

1e70b36ebd66f88c215d90942e218ac8.jpg

5ed001d995e1cec7829a7a36809a132e.jpg

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
do the deer have to take a number to get to come to your food plots ? I'm sure as pretty as they are that you have to keep out the riff-raff deer so the others will have something to eat :D

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That is nice. My cousins husband use to do this on his uncles farm up in rockingham county but he lost it. He never had to put out corn or anything. He killed a nice buck in that plot the last year he had the field planted like that.

kauaihunta

Button Buck
Beautiful Plot!!! Is it planted with a seed drill or do you disk and use a seeder? I tried a plot this spring using powerpro but it didn't do to well it was overrun with weeds. Had to broadcast seeds don't have a seeder. Thinking of going RR route next spring.

hrcarver

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The stand is a box stand set 60 yrds off the back of it to the east, also have a strip horseshoe cool season plot that extends from 50 to 150 yds to the south and the southwest of the stand.

Planted this field with a planter with corn plates and tightened up spacing.