Carpenter Bee Removal

JoeR

Eight Pointer
I've got one of these. https://bugasalt.com/
Use larger salt crystals in it. The thing is a hoot. My son in law can't stop playing with it every time he visits. My daughter finally got him his own.
Also good for any time you have food outdoors, or when you need entertainment sitting on the porch.
Joe

witler

Eight Pointer
Use larger salt crystals in it. The thing is a hoot. My son in law can't stop playing with it every time he visits. My daughter finally got him his own.
Also good for any time you have food outdoors, or when you need entertainment sitting on the porch.
Joe

What's the effective range?

D1RICH1

Ten Pointer
Joe

Just bought one!

Cootmeurer

Six Pointer
If you don't shoot some caulk into the hole after you kill them - the next one that comes along will just start where the previous resident left off.

I make the traps and keep those out almost year round (but then I live in a log home - so they are coming at me almost year round)

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Joe

We have a ton of carpenter bees around the house but they require at least a double tap or to be really close. It's still fun but a tennis racket is more effective.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
If I see a hole and hear the Bee in there I shoot a little wd-40 right into his burrow. Works every time..
Yep .. and then I'll temporarily plug it with whatever is handy ... a stick .. a pebble ...

When I have enough and get around to it, I'll remove the plug and caulk it up or fit it for a wood dowel (depending on the finish (paint/color vs. bare wood).

user8786

Ten Pointer
the bugasalt is a very addicting thing my wife bought one, and when we grill, my buddies cant put it down.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I use the heck out of that as well - find the hole and fill her up - evenings just at dark is best as the bees will "be home",,,

jbaldwin

Six Pointer
On my 4 th daisey red rider BB gun and countless thousands of BB's. And a good challenge. Best I've done is 5 in a row and yes all in hover mode.

B-KayCh

Six Pointer
X2 on the 22 with rat shot. Badminton racket is countless time of entertainment. They got into a wooden bench on cabin porch, used nap gas torch to fill hole then ignite.

Still, Ruger single six with rat shot is way fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
On my 4 th daisey red rider BB gun and countless thousands of BB's. And a good challenge. Best I've done is 5 in a row and yes all in hover mode.

I've done that! The accuracy of a Red rider leaves something to be desired. I wouldn't recommend it for as an effective "management" tool ha

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We like a challenge. We use whiffle ball bats. :D

My sons would go at it with a stick they pick up .......hours of fun for them at our club.......we are easily amused

I have heard kerosene on a cotton ball in the hole will take care of them

richard corn

Ten Pointer
The problem I have with the bees is they fall between the grate and into the coals just as I was getting ready to add bbq sauce. If you can keep them up on top you have to eat about 200 of them to get full

warthog

Button Buck
If you want to have some real fun take a propane torch with triggered ignition up to the hole press gas only and then hit the trigger! WHOOSH, vaporized, goes better with beer.