Prayers for myself and my family

spittinfire

Six Pointer
I am going through a rough time and could use some prayer from anyone who is willing.

I am at a low point in my life. I walk around all day constantly frustrated and angry. My stress level is through the roof with finances, my children, my work schedule(60+ hours a week between 2 jobs), just trying to make things work. I've struggled with alcohol use in the past and that's been a roller coaster but I'm making progress. Simple fact is I have little to no joy left in my daily life, only doing what I have to do to survive and take care of my family. I've been going back and forth between being furious with God to asking for His help but nothing changes. I find myself debating if I should continue to tithe or not, it would certainly help with bills. I feel like I’ve given for as long as I remember and never gotten past struggling to survive. I don’t need much but being able to plan for 30 years from now would be pleasant change. I haven't been to church in weeks. I know I should go, I know I should be there but after being beaten down all week the thought of trying to get the kids ready and get somewhere on time is not anything I want to tackle.

I know this has been stressful on my wife and our relationship hasn’t been perfect but I don’t want it to end either which is where I fear it’s heading. I simply do not know what to do anymore and I’m tired of feeling this way. I wasn’t like this when I was younger, I was slow to anger, happy, enjoyed people and now I’m the polar opposite. I’ve talked to people at church, gone to counselors, prayed, done everything I know to do to no avail.

CityLimitsHunting

circumstances often suck, but dont get so wrapped up in them that they consume your every moment. its not going to hurt you to set the bs aside long enough to spend time with your wife or kids or for yourself, whether it be a moment or a day. ultimately i have one word for you sir, FAITH regardless of yourself or god, why ? because its always worked out right? your still here and your family is too . but seriously, i struggle everyday, have for 15 years, i got tired of dwelling on it, it is possible to say f$$$ it in your head and enjoy your family or hobbies or just a relaxing moment. let me know what you think.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Prayers for you and your family.

One thing I learned over the years is when things get bad, and they have and probably will again, they are usually not as bad as they might appear to be on the surface at the time. This causes us to stress way more then we should. It does sound like you need to keep talking to someone not just as a counsel but just to unload what on your chest. Pray hard.

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
There will always be periods in our life when circumstances and situations make it hard to find anything to be joyful about. There will be times when God seems so far removed from us that we wonder if He even cares. There will be those Sundays when we just really don't want to attend church and times when it seems that nothing we say or do is good enough. Times when we wonder if this is all there is to being here on this earth. All of it is just the process of living out our life here on this planet where we are stuck until we die.

Believe me those of us that work in ministry are not exempt from those same feelings. Over the years I have learned a thing or three about this thing called life and through prayer I believe God has shown me some things that get me back on track.

Circumstances and situations are just that and nothing more, they too shall pass. We must not allow them to control us in any other way except to take the necessary steps to get through them. We must not give them control over our joy. Remember that happiness is a state of mind and can change with those circumstances and situations. Joy lives in the heart and once firmly planted based on the love of God it can and will be there.

When God seems so far away is the time when we need to press in and sometimes pressing in means just keeping quiet and allowing God to speak to us. I often have to remind myself to just shut up and listen because whatever the problem God has it under control. My whining, bickering, complaining, and throwing a fit isn't going to make God react any different because He already knows what the outcome will be.

Every time without exception when I have almost talked myself out of going to church I have found that to be the Sunday when I really needed to be there.

Over the years I have done a lot of financial counseling to both believers and non-believers and the first question I always ask the believers is "are you tithing"? The most frequent answer has always been "not right now we just can't afford to". My response is "until you tithe you probably won't ever be able to afford to".

Prayers to lift you up and out of your difficulties and to live with the joy of the Lord in your heart and a smile on your face.

dapperdon

Eight Pointer
Life can be difficult at times for all of us. Try to make good decisions and Dont give up on your Faith. Prayers sent for you and your Family.

jimmyjam

Six Pointer
Well said ZG. I to have gotten all caught up in these same things. Its hard but having a great wife that helps keep me straight and somewhat on the narrow sure helps. Prayers sent for you and your family.

gameland

Twelve Pointer
Prayers sent for continued trust in God and faith that He will see you through these tough times. I've felt a lot of the same things you've said and its hard. Still is somedays but just remember family and the promise of spending eternity with God in heaven is more than enough to make us smile even when it seems the hardest!

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Hang in there. The Lord can turn things around so fast that you will know that only He could have done it. Do the very hard work of prayer. A little word from Him can be so encouraging. Learn to pray the smallest things.

It is very hard when no joy is apparent.
I will be praying for you.

Southside

Ten Pointer
Spittingfire,
I know were your coming from and could probably "1up ya" if we used the last 2-3 months but that's not what we're here to try to do. First off this would not be the time to stray from any form of your faith or church. Sometime it comes down to setting aside as little as only 30 min in a day for your you and say one of your kids. You would begin to look forward to that 30 min or hr. Just trust me dude it can get worse. I'm not trying to sound like some type of expert or anything it's just that I have a lot of the same kinda stuff going on. Hell I might be the one with the postal look in his eye tomorrow ? I noticed your from Denver. I'm through there all the time as well.

JPearson

Six Pointer
Hang in there it's just the devil trying to stop your blessing just keep your faith an hope no matter what. Start looking at the positive side a healthy family that loves you. Times like this is why god sent the Holy Spirit to comfort us, he knew we were going to need it. Will be praying for you an your family.

nchunter13

Eight Pointer
Don't let life get you down. It can be very hard at times but you can get thru the hard times with faith and perseverance. Prayers sent for you and your family.

spittinfire

Six Pointer
Thank you all for the support. I really tried to slow things down over the weekend which helped. I did have to work Saturday but I was able to hunt in the morning. Sunday it was church, lunch with the kids and I did a few things around the house. Wife and I got lucky and both kids napped at the same time so we did too.

I'm still trying to figure this all out but did have a good weekend.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Give yourself prayer and meditation time every day, even if it's just a few minutes before you get up and start getting ready for work, or a few minutes before you go to bed. Focus your prayers on help toward others, especially those that have very little hope for themselves. You'll soon find that your days will start to look "not quite as bad", and it will be easier to see your blessings.
From previous experience, this worked for me in my younger and much darker days when almost all hope was lost and I didn't care if I ever saw another sunrise.
Prayers sent for you and your family,

Eric

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Prayers sent, keep working through it and try being positive and it will help. Alcohol can be a difficult demon to shake. You know when your there because it is the only thing after a very long day to elevate your mood. If you think it's a problem chances are others know it is a problem. Some people do good just staying away from others who drink. I had to face it head on to be honest. Even working 70-80 hours a week I found 30 minutes to workout everyday and it helped keep me straight. It is funny how having a simple goal like a little muscle gain or weight loss can help control urges. Hope things turn around for you. Sometimes the lows feel really low but the highs are worth the wait. Just recognize them and enjoy them when you can.

poppop

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Prayers sent to you and your family. I know times can be hard, and follow Zach's Grandpa advice as closely as you can, he is a wise man.