Pee in the woods

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Generally i always bring a nice gatorade bottle so if i gotta go its not a big deal. Well i forgot a bottle this morning and wouldn't ya just know it, its the first time i actually need the darn bottle. So what do you guys do, I'm in a box blind with a dirt floor, so should i just go gopher and dig a hole, if so how deep? Or should i risk walking a ways ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PWR-WGN

I cant count the number of times I've taken a leak from the stand and then had deer come in and it not bother them. Others may disagree, but I've never had a problem with it. I certainly try not to do it if I dont have to, but I'm not so sure a deer can distinguish human wiz from just another animal in the woods.

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
Why go to all of the trouble? I pee from my stands all of the time and have killed enough deer to know that it does not bother them.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks, i always raised up hunting that peeing any where near you spot was like fire and brimstone sin lol

wlfmachine

The other day when i left my stand i peed right at the base of it before heading out. The next day while back up in the same stand i had a doe come up directly underneath me and just hang out there, grazing in the exact spot i peed.

Now if you had an asperigus omlet for breakfast, you might think again.

mbh78

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I usually carry a bottle, but if I forget, I just let it go. Have never had it bother anything.

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
Pee out the door.....why would anyone want to pee in a box blind and then sit there and smell it.....I'll never understand

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I cant count the number of times I've taken a leak from the stand and then had deer come in and it not bother them. Others may disagree, but I've never had a problem with it. I certainly try not to do it if I dont have to, but I'm not so sure a deer can distinguish human wiz from just another animal in the woods.

I've heard the same thing. I even tried it on purpose once when I read an article where it was said that the hormones in a male human's urine, are very intriguing to bucks. So I made a mock scrape not far from a scrape line that I was not going to hunt, put up a camera, and urinated in it. I'll be danged if I didn't get multiple deer coming to it.

Now it's not something I would try as any sort of luring technique, I just thought it was interesting results.

Here's an interesting video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrK0KkV6wJs

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I grew up peeing in a bottle as well. Still do it but if you have to go you have to go. Its not worth pissin your pants IMO

robertfurr530

Generally i always bring a nice gatorade bottle so if i gotta go its not a big deal. Well i forgot a bottle this morning and wouldn't ya just know it, its the first time i actually need the darn bottle. So what do you guys do, I'm in a box blind with a dirt floor, so should i just go gopher and dig a hole, if so how deep? Or should i risk walking a ways ?

I pee right off the stand. Had a doe come in five minutes later. Didn't seem to be bothered by it. So just crack the door and let em rip

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'd walk to where you want the deer to stop, and let it fly..or dribble..depending on your age of course. :(

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Go right there, If the deer can smell your pee, most likely they can smell you anyway so its not going to make much difference.

JLove1974

Twelve Pointer
Here's how we roll around here

[video=youtube_share;V6_oEmG7DzU]http://youtu.be/V6_oEmG7DzU[/video]

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
I used to always carry a bottle...but as others have mentioned I heard several really successful hunters (most notably Bill winke) say they pee out of the stand. So for the last couple years I have been doing that. I can honestly say I have not had one deer react negatively to it..last year I peed on a button bucks head and he just shook it off..didn't even move
:cool:
I've never tried so hard to contain laughter in the woods..

Last edited:

Cuzz

Spike
I've peed in scrapes and it set them on fire, bucks were tearing the woods up, and I've had it not do a thing so idk. Just pee out the back door.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I used to always carry a bottle...but as others have mentioned I heard several really successful hunters (most notably Bill winke) say they pee out of the stand. So for the last couple years I have been doing that. I can honestly say I have not had one deer react negatively to it..last year I peed on a button bucks head and he just shook it off..didn't even move
:cool:
I've never tried so hard to contain laughter in the woods..

Thats funny right there

apexhunter

Ten Pointer
I saw an interview with Dr. Deer (James C Kroll) a couple years back about a study he had just finished where they examined deer reaction to several different kinds of urine. His conclusion was that there was no discernable difference in a deer's reaction to deer, fox, skunk and human urine (other animals used but I can't remember them all). So if you gotta go simply let it fly...just try not to pee on the rope you use to pull your gun/bow up to the stand with.

JoeyK

Twelve Pointer
well for the first time ever i peed from my stand.....and within 20 minutes a doe and a fawn came in and stayed for a short while....not sure they smelled me or the pee but when they left they left in a hurry...but they did not blow at me when leaving so....i am still undecided on this matter.

Combat Diver

Eight Pointer
I hunt for a ground pop up blind so when nature calls I dig a cat hole and go (keep a trowel in my pack for that reason). Had a bear come by within 45 yds once after dropping trousers. I've had to live in holes in the ground for up to a week at a time (no getting out) in third world countries there we pee in a condom and deficate in a ziplock bag with some lye in it.

CD

Last edited:

w4sar

Six Pointer
I use a Gatorade bottle, if I'm up in the stand, just to avoid the noise of my stream hitting the leaves from 15 feet up. I have done pees at the base, the deer do not react.

Just open the door and let fly if you have to.

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
I have never bothered with bottles. To me I think its pointless.
Ill never forget the first time I went hunting. The guy who was letting me go out into his box stand said to me.."Now dont go drinking my mountain dews I left up there.."

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
Also, my buddy installed some pex tubing that ran from the ground up through a hole in the box blind, with a funnel on the end to take a leak in. The pipe ran into the ground a few inches where they had dug a hole, dumped some #57 stone, and recovered. Kinda like a french drain... swell idea if you ask me.

VikingsFan8178

I would pee out of my stand but I hate getting leaves and dirt on my *junk*

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
I hunt for a ground pop up blind so when nature calls I dig a cat hole and go (keep a trowel in my pack for that reason). Had a bear come by within 45 yds once after dropping trousers. I've had to live in holes in the ground for up to a week at a time (no getting out) in third world countries there we pee in a condom and deficate in a ziplock bag with some lye in it.

CD

That's hardcore right there. Serious respect on that one, but I'd hate to be the one holding that ziplock bag after a round of taco's or something....

I'll stand up and rainbow away. I've never hit one in the head, but did pee off the back porch this past summer on one of my dumb dogs. Sounded like someone beating on a drum, the darn thing wouldn't even get up to move out of the way. It was dark and totally unintentional on my part. Rufus didn't get to come in the house for a few days...

As for deer? Pee doesn't phase them, they like it from my experience.

Last edited:

wlfmachine

So travis i am pretty curious if before you shot the two does today you had peed in that spot...