Early Teal Season

igotatoyota

I was wondering if anyone on here has hunted any teal yet this year? Me and my cousin are headed to the coast in the morning to give it a try. We are going to be hunting the Pamlico near Goose Creek Game Lands. Just wondering if there are any local guys on here or anyone else that has heard if they were birds in the area down there. Im not asking you to give me specifics just a little info on whether there are birds in the area.

buckbuster04

Ten Pointer
Hit or miss bud, they will be there one day gone the next.. Watch out for moccasins and gators and rattlers they are definitely active this time of year down there. Bug spray thermacell and if you're taking a dog watch out for fire ant mounds.

manybeards

Ten Pointer
If early season Teal is your thing my friend....have at it! Hopefully you have an invite to hunt a private impoundment with standing corn or Millet. Good luck to you!

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
Hunted early teal a few times. Never again! That misery is not worth a few birds. Between snakes and skeeters I can't handle it.

MCJ1980

Ten Pointer
Hunted early teal a few times. Never again! That misery is not worth a few birds. Between snakes and skeeters I can't handle it.

I'm with you Quackman!!! The early teal season just ain't my thing, but I love the September goose season. Now that's a whole lot of fun! I've been very successful during goose season!!