mountain fishing

Toolboxx

I'm headed to Boone this weekend and was wondering if anybody knew any good fishing spots in that area. Will most likely be using spinning tackle. Any help or advise is greatly appreciated

MtnManCop

I like fishing part of the middle fork new river for trout. It runs in front of tweetsie but I prefer to go to the boone end. If you go toward boone and take a left just before you get to the boone city limits on 321onto Jordan v cook road I've had decent luck in there.

mountain_man

Trout fishing mostly in that area and I am not the one to tell you about trout. Have to travel a little ways out of town towards ashe county and jefferson and fish the New River if you want to get on some smallmouth bass, though the Watauga river has smallmouth too but I have never fished it.

Southside

Ten Pointer
Check out the Watauga over in Valle Crusis. Just make sure of the current trout season that's in and what type trout stream your in. Then of course you bait type.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Valle Crusis is fished out right now. I went not long ago, caught one, and fished for 4 hours. I could see them but the water has been dammed up and slowed down so they are a lot warier. Ive heard they will be restocking crusis aliitle later in september but that's just hearsay as of now. Good luck.