September River Bass

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Nat's Dad called me Wednesday and wanted to hit a spot we hadn't been to since last year. I was up for it as I have fished above it and below it this year but hadnt had time to go here.

Friday afternoon was the day. We launched at a ramp and motored 5 miles up river with a 55 lb thrust electric motor. The first 3 miles are a millpond and the last 2 miles is river full of rock so that is why we choose the electric here instead of a gas motor. The trip up takes a good large battery because of current and the trip back takes about 1/2 of a normal size battery.

ND was mainly throwing a Spro swimbait and his avg size bass was a tad heavier than mine. I threw a pearl fluke and a buzzer and got 0 fish. Put on my trusty sebile swimbait and got a few decent fish but nothing to brag about. Finally decided on a Cordell spot and a white spinnerbait and my avg size picked up along with a 5 lb ~ fish to top my day off. We didn't catch huge numbers but both of up probably had 15 bass each along with all the Redbreast we wanted, 1 crappie, and the only white perch i have caugth this far upstream.

Wildlife seen was lots of Geese, Woodducks, Great Blue Herons, Little green Herons, White Egrets , lots of Osprey's, and 2 big Bald Eagles which we got to see one snag a fish out of the river. I will post some of Steves Better bass 2 ~4 lbers that are on video. A good day on the water.

DSCF2774.jpgDSCF2766.jpgDSCF2778.jpgDSCF2781.jpg

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
you have that swift water bass stuff down mack.
nice catch.

Thanks OS....i should be ok at river fishing since i grew up right on a river fishing and trapping. my dad bought me my first canoe in 1974 or so and it was "ON" fishing and running lines after school.

Last edited: