Bad news!!

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
I've been hunting the same property for several years now that has one large beaver pond and about 20 acres of flooded timber. I was the only one duck hunting here with one other guy that we shared deer hunting rights with and I never had any problems until last season. I started getting trail cam pics of some teenagers walking around with shotguns. I mentioned it to the landowner and that was it. Well I went out last month to check my camera and as I was leaving a man stood in the road waving his hand at me. Long story short, he called the farmer who came down and told me I had torn his field up and cost him a lot of money. I tried to tell him I hadn't driven anywhere off the path but he wasn't interested anything I had to say. After a while I grew tired of his accusations and left. I called my dad and we spoke with the landowner who agreed that he had never seen us driving off the path.

Well at church this morning my dad pulls me aside and said that we lost that farm! I know it's the landowners choice but I did nothing wrong and feel confident those kids I had pics of where out there goofing off. It's just horrible timing to lose your main duck hole.

It's very hard to find decent land to hunt and even harder to find a good duck hole that isn't over hunted in my area. On top of this the guide I normally use booked up and I didn't get in so I'm feeling pretty discouraged about the upcoming season. Looks like I'll be spending my weekends fighting the crowds at public boat ramps.

Sorry for the long rant

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
I've lost great hunting land like this, mostly waterfowl honey holes, and it's tough. You're right, those places are extremely hard to find.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Yeah, probably too late but might have been worth a shot to show the landowner that and the farmer that you weren't the only person on the property. Just a passing thought. Sorry for your loss.

TeamLockedUP

Yeah people should get to beat there kids for being stupid and it not be called child abuse In my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
Sooner or later that farmer is going to catch those kids doing something, either tearing something up or hunting. Then he will feel like a heal.

deadhead

Six Pointer
Know how ya feel went out to brush up a couple blinds in one of my duck holes and ran into landowner at the store after I got finished. He asked me if I had been out on the property yet this years and I said yes sir was out there today. He then followed up with a long blahhh blahhh story about how his grandson now wants to duck hunt the land with his 2 friends and he said that he was gonna call me this week to inform me. Hands down most depressing start to my ducks season. Hope those young bucks respect the place and understand what they have. My skin itches knowing how many green heads they are gonna sky bust on

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Know how ya feel went out to brush up a couple blinds in one of my duck holes and ran into landowner at the store after I got finished. He asked me if I had been out on the property yet this years and I said yes sir was out there today. He then followed up with a long blahhh blahhh story about how his grandson now wants to duck hunt the land with his 2 friends and he said that he was gonna call me this week to inform me. Hands down most depressing start to my ducks season. Hope those young bucks respect the place and understand what they have. My skin itches knowing how many green heads they are gonna sky bust on

Maybe the grandson needs a duck hunting mentor...

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Sorry to hear that. Losing land sucks, especially when it holds ducks. Best of luck finding something else nearby.

Jmac

Man, this reminds me so much of a place I lost some years ago. I hunted it for 2 years and it was five minutes from home. What a nice little mallard hole it was. So late summer leading into my 3rd year I see the owner in a local convenient store and walk up to once again tell him how much I appreciated being able to hunt his pond. His reply after telling him was.... " I've been meaning to talk to you about that........." Oh well