Guide Recommendations

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Ok guys, I found a great guide last year and told him at the end of the season that I wanted to go ahead and book two hunts with him for this season. He said he put me on the calendat but I got an email yesterday saying that his calendar was posted and I needed to choose my days. I responded within a matter of hours to his email but apparently he was already booked by the time I responded so I'm left to start the search again for a "good" guide. I'm looking somebody with a personality that is fun to hunt with. I can't stand guides that are rude or hateful to paying clients and I've had more than one bad experience with this type of guide in eastern NC.

I really want to do a curtain blind hunt in Ocracoke this year so if anybody has a trip with an open slot, I'm your man. Other than that I just want to shoot ducks. I am open to Hyde county impoundments, scissor rig hunts, layout hunts, or just good ol' marsh blind hunts. Help me out guys, I was banking on this one guide this season since I had such a great experience with him last year.

agreenchicken

Ten Pointer
Check with b&b waterfowl Jay and Lincoln are fun to hunt with and have started doing a lot of layout boat hunting. We are going back to ocracoke again this year but he would be my next option!

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Fowl, you are welcome to come up this way if you want. I can't promise any ducks but will have a good time trying. Sorry to hear about the guide issue.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Fowl, you are welcome to come up this way if you want. I can't promise any ducks but will have a good time trying. Sorry to hear about the guide issue.

Henry, I'll certainly take ya up on that! Any luck finding the geese up your way? They're cutting corn in my area this week and now the geese have scattered, bouncing from field to field.

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Have seen a few on RR Lake but no huge numbers. Two weeks ago there were about 35 swimming around the shallow flats over near the old railroad pads.