Gun cleaning/smithing shops

Hello forum,
I was just given an older Remington 1100 that is pretty dirty. It'll shoot singles but won't cycle all the way through. Any gun shops in Raleigh area that you all know of that could get it running properly and cleaned up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Take it apart and clean it. If it still wNt throw them try a high brass shell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tarheelshooter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Clean it thoroughly and pay close attention to the gas port in the barrel. Also put in a new set of gas rings while you have it apart.

Is your barrel for a magnum by chance? They had different size gas ports depending on the barrel being used. Some of them just don't like low powered shells.

I'm sure Roundball or 1Shot1Kill will be along shortly to assist you.

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I would it to Hill's on Capital Blvd. They have a couple of old school gunsmiths. Do very good work!

rentalman

Six Pointer
Gunners Choice in Dunn. I take all my guns each year. He breaks them all the way down and soaks in a vat of oil. Cheap and good

Dead Eye-NC

Eight Pointer
On left side of barrel near receiver it should tell if barrel is magnum or not. Also,,make sure piston and piston seal are in correct position on magazine tube. I've seen people put them in reverse order after cleaning. Make sure barrel seal is still there and not too loose. Also clean gas port in barrel with pipe cleaner. If this doesn't cure your problem, high brass loads might be answer. My older model 1100 never cycled 2-3/4 low brass loads very well.

derekorr1986

Six Pointer
Bear creek gun shop they are located in the Agrisupply off 70. Honest man and and will tell what you need and nothing more