Need Help!! Huntington Beach Sate Park SC

duckhunterwst

Eight Pointer
I may possibly be heading for a week to the Huntington Beach Sate Park in South Carolina in October and was wondering if anyone is familiar with the surf or inlet fishing there? Is the fishing good? Is kayak fishing good? Can I gig flounder there? Thanks for any help!!

2duckdawg

I have been there as my in laws are in Beaufort or Ladys Island. There is a lot of flat beach and not much wave action and has always been to crowded for fishing when we were there. There is a small museum slash fishing permit facility on the left side of the road before you cross the bridge to the park entrance. I would check there first. If you are staying in one of the cabins on the island I would think you could get at least some shore fishing in, because there isn't as many people on that side of the island. Sorry I can't be of more help. When we go out it is usually just for the day and to swim with the kids and grandparents.

2duckdawg

You know what? I miss read your post. I thought it said Hunting Island. So disregard my post above because it is all about Hunting Island. So sorry and a bit red faced.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
I have fished Huntington Beach State Park and camped there as well. Never did catch much surf fishing as I am not really into that. There is a short bridge over the marsh going over to the island where the parking area is. Its part of Murrell's Inlet and there used to be some big Gators hanging out in that area, watch it if you stop and get close to the water there. People used to stop and feed the Gators and they lost their fear of humans making them dangerous. I don't know if the gators are still there.. Once you get onto the beach you can walk up the beach and fish the rock jetty at the entrance to Murrell's Inlet. I haven't been there in years now I lived in SC for a very long time and fished the SC coast often. I have seen Red Drum feeding in the surf at Huntington but never caught any of them..Good luck..

fisheater

the jetty is a good place ,caught my best spec trout there in winter. take a big rig w big bait to the end of it,no tellin what u gonna get