Oak island day 2

81toyota

Twelve Pointer
Went out to the tower and did some trolling had no bites. Did some sight fishing for cobia and did everything but put the bait in their mouth water was so clear today you could see the bait fish 30ft under us. Did some bottom fishinh caught no legal black bass. 1 legal vermillion snappern hogfish and triggerfish
a2b5b272fb7e6375fd71ff7d387bdcb1.jpg

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
Even if you didn't catch a single fish, that pic looks alot more fun than sitting in this house.
Enjoy your time out there and catch a big'n!

81toyota

Twelve Pointer
Oh man it is. The only thing that made the day tough was my dad got sea sick and stayed sick the whole time and wouldnt let us come in. But it was a blast

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Better luck next time. Man being seasick is the worst kind of sick, your Dad must be one tough guy to stick it out. But I understand, he didn't want to ruin the trip for everyone else.

81toyota

Twelve Pointer
I appreciate it firefly and yea ge toughed it out and told us all he still had a blast. Now I got to decide between opening day of bow season vs coming back down here to go fishing

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
When I had a boat I could offshore fish with I used to love the fall fishing , that was many years ago . My Wife has a terrible problem with getting seasick so I sold the boat and have just fished inshore since then. She just can't take that motion of the Ocean...I never got sick to the point of throwing up out there but I felt like I was a couple times. I always carried a banana to eat when I started to feel seasick, somehow it calmed my stomach down. As far as someone telling me bananas on a boat are bad luck well a very long time ago they used to think the same thing about Women on a boat. I don't pay any attention to what I consider as foolishness but if others believe that bananas are bad luck on a boat, to each his own..

S.B.

I have heard the Flounder have been biting good if you want to do some inshore fishing in that area ;). We put out at Sunset about 3 weeks ago and caught our limit on mud minnows.

Last edited:

S.B.

We tried giggin sunday night and only saw one flounder

It rained here Sunday, I'm not far from you. Not the best time to gig after a storm, it's muddy and they are hard to spot. Wait for a few clear days, then go out on low tide in Tubs Inlet if you want to gig.