Just got a report

TeamLockedUP

Just got a report from a buddy that said he is already seeing bluewings showing up sounds like the migration is started already said he seen about 12-15 maybe they will be around for the early season this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmac

Sometimes they will still be around for the early season, 2 years ago at 8 30 on the Oct opener we only had 1 woodduck to show, then off the main lake a knot of about 20 buzzed our decoys, went to the back end of the creek we were on, turned back on us and when the shooting was done we had 10 on the water. Right behind them came a pair of mallards and we killed the drake. We went from zero to hero within about 10 minutes. There was 3 of us, myself accompanied by my 11 year old son and his 12 year old buddy
The year before that some fellas I know all killed limits of them on RR.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Temps in low 50s and 40s at night before the Canadian border here....

Seeing more and more and seeing geese V up too. Won't be long and we'll send wm your way full force.

TeamLockedUP

Yeah I hope they do cause I would rather shoot them than woodducks

blackheel

Twelve Pointer
Green Wings were flocking in northern Quebec about 2 weeks ago and a friend who bands in Colorado was getting blue wings about a week or so ago. They are on the same latitude (approx as us) so it is not surprising.

m_jolley

Spike
I'm scared the winter will come early and fast. Already seeing some trees start to turn in Raleigh. Bring on the cold but I don't want everything locked up and push em straight through when they get here.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
According to the Global Warming experts it will be a very cold winter. As the Earth continues to heat up, the temperatures will continue to plummet.

skydog

Would be nice if the teal are still around in a couple of weeks but usually they're in Florida by the time the season opens up here.

Last edited by a moderator:

TeamLockedUP

Last 2 years in my area we have had 100's of teal in October guys slaughtered them in early season