Harkers Island-Cape Lookout

I am heading to Harkers Island this weekend to try a little inshore/inlet fishing. Anybody had any luck down that way recently?

23mako

Ten Pointer
Yep get some mullet or menhaden #3 wire size #6 trebles for the Spanish. Live baits rigs with two trebles. Maybe a top shot of flouro as well. Use your depth finder, find the bait, and you will find the fish.

Plenty of Spanish/albacore busting bait too so have a 1/2 ounce gotcha jig fish tied on with a 20-30 lb leader tied into your main line. Don't use a swivel as the Spanish will cut you off repeatedly. Make sure you have this rig ready to go as usually you don't have much time to cast if they pop up. Some genius will run over the school without fail.

Thanks fellas. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can catch some nice Spanish. I have never fished for them with live bait but it sounds like a blast.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
Thanks fellas. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can catch some nice Spanish. I have never fished for them with live bait but it sounds like a blast.
Get over it buddy,,,you know we will be under the HI bridge. Thompson ain't meant for real fishing.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
I wish you all good luck but where ever you go this week-end around or on the water you will find plenty of company...

F-V_DuxNBux

Eight Pointer
Big Spanish on live bait with rods you would use for trout is awesome! They have no problem stealing 100+ yards of line on first run.

Good luck with them.