zeroing smokless muzzy

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve only shot a muzzle loader on time.

I’m still on the .22lr kick.

I’m going to pile some deer up with it this year.
Going for mixed bags. Critters and deers. [emoji4]
Spend some days on remote game lands.

Cheers and great shooting herm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stanley

Four Pointer
Hey Herman Im from valdese not far from you I shoot a smokless savage pure stock gun I would like to get up with you sometime and get some pointers from you..

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
About gave up on mine. Just cant get the thing to fire 100% it groups good but keep getting hang fires and other burn problems.
Just have not had the time to dig back into it.
It is a TC encore that the guy in VA did the conversation.

It would.be a good one to thread for supressor...then use in BP season.

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Took my custom muzzleloader to the range tuesday.
Think its good enough for deer season this year.
Anyone else shooting their muzzys ?Not very much on the muzzleloader fourm so far.
I usually shoot mine all year but got on a 22 rimfire kick this year.

That'll do.

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
About gave up on mine. Just cant get the thing to fire 100% it groups good but keep getting hang fires and other burn problems.
Just have not had the time to dig back into it.
It is a TC encore that the guy in VA did the conversation.

It would.be a good one to thread for supressor...then use in BP season.
You’ll most likely need to use a duplex load with a faster burning powder to start the load. I did it and my results have been scary accurate and I get a bang every time.

herman

Six Pointer
Stanley
Send me a pm or look in my profile and there should be my e mail add.And I will give you my phone number.
I am going to alaska next month should be back the first of august.
If you can go one day through the week I can take you to my club.
I haven't got a 50 cal savage now but I started out with one in 2000.Have taken deer with one a little over 300 yds.Did have 3 but have sold 2 of them but still have one but it is a 45 cal now.
I have set up a bunch or helped others with their savages over the years.
Hopefully we can get yours shooting groups like these.

Packfan

Eight Pointer
I am making the switch over to the 300 XLD’s in my bolt gun this year from 275 fury star tips. The first two shots on the left were for reference this morning after i bedded the gun. I made a couple of little adjustments and the next two shots are pretty much one hole center punched at a hundred. I pushed it on out to 200 to start figuring out the turrets but the mirage was getting so bad that I couldn’t finish stretching it out. On the next pretty day I’ll work my way out to 500 yards.

Attachments

• 35623A28-DF55-451A-8069-604E5107E881.jpeg
    35623A28-DF55-451A-8069-604E5107E881.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 23

stanley

Four Pointer
Hey Herman I talked to you earlier on this thread about getting my savage dialed in give me a call and let me know what all I need. Hopefully I can find all the stuff I need 828 381 1131