Youth Hunter Education Skills Team

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just curious how many of y'all have a child involved with the NCWRC Hunter Education Shooting Teams? I coach the Youth Hunter Education Skills Team at North Iredell Middle School and coach the NASP Archery team here as well. It is a great way to get youth involved in something other than computers and video games (and this coming from the school's computer teacher). In this day in age with all the anti gun/anti hunting propaganda going on these programs are a positive influence in the student's lives.

Last edited:

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My oldest is a freshman @ East Duplin High and made the Hunter Education team.

We're also involved in the 4-H Shooting program where I have shotgun and archery certificates to be able to be an instructor for them.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
My son is involved and I coach the archery end of it for the Manteo team. First year coaching for me, but my son has made the team for the past 2 or 3 years.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
CJF, give me the details on the NASP program.
My wife is a principle here in Dare county and we're interested in getting that program off the ground here on the island..
Thanks

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
NASP is a program associated with the NCWRC. Lee Scripture from the NCWRC oversees it in NC. NASP provides $3000 worth of archery material, only $750 does the local team have to pay for. NASP is aligned with the NCDPI curriculum and is taught during the school day. A tournament is held in Winston each year that all the schools compete in. Top finishers advance to a tournament in Louisville KY (I had two to place and go last year) Ocracoke was in the lane next to ours! https://www.naspschools.org/about/about-nasp email or call for for details cflay@iss.k12.nc.us or Cell 336 473 1647 CJ Flay

darenative

Twelve Pointer
NASP is a program associated with the NCWRC. Lee Scripture from the NCWRC oversees it in NC. NASP provides $3000 worth of archery material, only $750 does the local team have to pay for. NASP is aligned with the NCDPI curriculum and is taught during the school day. A tournament is held in Winston each year that all the schools compete in. Top finishers advance to a tournament in Louisville KY (I had two to place and go last year) Ocracoke was in the lane next to ours! https://www.naspschools.org/about/about-nasp email or call for for details cflay@iss.k12.nc.us or Cell 336 473 1647 CJ Flay
Thanks.