Youth Harvest

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
it was down 20 + percent for the state as a whole Friday morning. Do not recall the numbers.
Coastal wasnt far behind but piedmont was WAY down.

I guess Even though the wee ones were out of school for spring break they did have other pursuits (sports) and maybe some more parents were gainfully employed this year.
That's all i could think off past we killed em out last year to explain the huge decrease.
Perhaps a poor jake crop as well.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Struck another and called him screaming to 25. My buddy has yet to see him. I’m a little mad and now it’s raining.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's all i could think off past we killed em out last year to explain the huge decrease.
Perhaps a poor jake crop as well.
I have to think that the increase in harvest last year is going to have a detrimental impact on the numbers this season.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Well, day one plus youth shows 212 down in Duplin Co. which is 60 above the past 3 years average.
800 birds total better than the past 3 year average.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I have to think that the increase in harvest last year is going to have a detrimental impact on the numbers this season.
I might be way off but I'd bet this year harvest will still be respectable there was good hatch 2 years and decent before that lot birds left even with the unthinkable harvest last year. I'd bet good money next year is when we see big decline and big decline in jakes killed this year way to many birds taken out to early last year. I'm just speculating but I'd put good money on it that be lots frustrated hunters in Piedmont and mtns next April. Now coastal is just on fire it's only region could stand last year and still be good hunting.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Well, day one plus youth shows 212 down in Duplin Co. which is 60 above the past 3 years average.
800 birds total better than the past 3 year average.
I haven't checked numbers but most the coastal/east nc is just full birds and rising for years now it's amazing really who knows when they'll level off. Need find me spot down that way for sure

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah, I don’t expect the coastal is going to suffer, but I can tell you that pressure has increased over the past decade here in the piedmont. A lot of deer leases that never got hunted are now having birds taken off of them. We’ll see.