Youth 22

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Ok. So I’m getting my daughter a 22 for her birthday in April. This will be her first gun. First thought is the savage rascal and second thought is a chipmunk. I’m not real keen on the chipmunk simply because it doesn’t have a real safety and I want her to get in a habit of using the safety.
Are there any other youth guns out there? I need small. 10-11” LOP.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I went with the savage rascal as it was the best functioning single shot in my opinion. I did not like the chipmunk or the cricket. My kids have probably put over 2000 rounds through it with zero problems. It's pretty accurate to my 6 year old can spin 4" steel with it at 100 yards once he figures out his hold over.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I got a Rascal for my daughter.

The Rascal is a great shooter and fits my 7 year old well. You can find them in multiple configurations and just about any color stock she might want. My daughter went with the Muddy Girl Serenity. It’s like a teal camo pattern.

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
Another vote for the savage rascal here. That's what my oldest son started out on and the youngest is using it now.
The Cricket and the Chipmunk just seemed cheap to me, and I didnt like the cocking mechanism.
The Rascal has a nicer trigger too in my experience.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The Rascal must be a good shooter because there is lots of chatter about lengthening the stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
10/22 tactical with adjustable stock.

I want my daughter to continue the “no ugly guns” motto her daddy has so that means nothing “tactical”. Lol

Get the rascal it fits what you want and need for the purpose, she gets into it heavy I’ll get her a 10/22 later on haha

She said she’d rather have a youth A Bolt in 257 Robert’s.......................😳😂

CBD21

Eight Pointer
I want my daughter to continue the “no ugly guns” motto her daddy has so that means nothing “tactical”. Lol

She said she’d rather have a youth A Bolt in 257 Robert’s.......................😳😂
Tell her not to get crazy I felt like a 10/22 was pretty nice it will even have a wood stock got to work up to that youth A bolt 😂😂

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I guess the Rascal is the way to go... but we have a 40 year old walnut Chipmunk that is shot almost daily around here right now. It has some issues - notably a very tight chamber. I just pulled the peep off of it last month and put a base and a reflex sight on it. That is a game changer, it just makes loading it a pain since it covers the bolt.

jboi72

Eight Pointer
I don't have one(gun or kid) lol, but my buddy bought his son the rascal. He's a smaller kid and it fits him perfectly and pair with a red dot extreme extremely accurate.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
The rascal is a bad little rifle. Trigger is good.
I can’t wait for mine to start shooting, and that’s what she’ll start with.