Young Eagle

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The squirrels were unusually chatty one foggy and rainy morning recently and when I went to see what had them all riled up, I spotted this young bird about 150 yards away in a tree top. I grabbed my camera and got this shot free-handed before he took off. An unusual sighting for my neck of the woods.

Last edited:

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
You're probably right and the term "young" is relative, so I used it in the context of an average life span of 25-30 years or more.

Last edited:

RBR

Six Pointer
That would definitely give those squirrels something to talk about. I see quite a few in Martin and surrounding counties. I saw one in a field on Hwy 17 that looked to be close to 4’ tall, traffic was stopped and people were taking pictures.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
[QUOTE="41magfan, post: 681915, member: 223"I grabbed my camera and got this shot free-handed before he took off.
[/QUOTE]
Good one !

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
THEY ARE ALL OVER RALEIGH/CARY , probably because of the proximity to Falls/Jordan see them on Lake Crabtree where there was a nest. see them at PrestonWood which has an active nest on the golf course(saw 1 today there) , saw one last sunday at "Raleigh Swamp" which is off of N Raleigh Rd 1 block off of Capital , seen them at Lake Raleigh on Centennial Campus last year and many others .

I actually have the first picture of one (actually 2 a mature one and an immature one )at Jordan when no one and I mean no one had seen one at Jordan. People thought I didnt know what I was looking at but proven wrong when they saw the pic.

Nice picture!

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Once or twice a year I'll see an eagle on or near our place, the last being back in October. Of course, I almost never have a camera handy when I spot one.

Good catch!