You won't see this every day

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
What was it fighting? I can’t make it out.

I saw a doe at Alligator NWR smack the crap out of a bear that was creeping up on her fawn. Both front feet right in the bears head, then chased it out of the field. Fawn went the opposite direction as hard as it go.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Wow, a visual experience of a life time for sure...thanks for sharing.

Do you suppose that Hawk came down around its Fawn, the Doe managed to hit / stun / injure it, so it tried to fly but fell instead? Because she came out of those woods after it like a rocket !

EDIT:
Agree with ddavenport......when I looked at it full screen I saw a rabbit escape when the Doe attacked the Hawk.

Last edited:

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
When I first watched it sounded exactly like a fawn distress call to me. I think that's why it attracted more than one doe.

Watching that video really has me wondering if that is NOT that doe's first kill? I know maternal instincts are not to be messed with, but if she came up with those moves for her first time, she deserves to compete in the octagon!

Cool Find NCCatfisher and thank you for not ruining the video with your thread title!!!! :cool:

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Seen deer chase bobcats up a tree. Saw a clip years ago of a deer eating a bird that fell out a tree but never seen anything like that.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
When I first watched it sounded exactly like a fawn distress call to me. I think that's why it attracted more than one doe.

Watching that video really has me wondering if that is NOT that doe's first kill? I know maternal instincts are not to be messed with, but if she came up with those moves for her first time, she deserves to compete in the octagon!

Cool Find NCCatfisher and thank you for not ruining the video with your thread title!!!! :cool:
That is my take on it also (could be way off base). But I think the doe associated it with an attack on a fawn.

Luv2Boutdoors!

Ten Pointer
Cool video. When I 1st watched it thought the doe was protecting her fawn. Watched it again and saw the rabbit escape once the attack started. Very impressive video for sure

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Agree that it sounded like a fawn in distress to trigger the doe response. During the battle, I also wondered how much of it was the doe trying to get the hawk's talons out of her nose or off her legs. Darn cool video for sure!