"You never own a dog quite as much as they own you"

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Guys you want to think you are tough and have it under control? I tried to keep everything bottled up during all this and did for the most part especially around my wife, I won't lie I shed plenty of tears alone when I could hide them.

Saturday I was working on my kennels and the FedEx truck rolled up and had a package addressed to both of us. This was what was inside. It was from friends from Ok. Needless to say I was glad my wife wasn't here because the floodgates opened. I guess it was time. View attachment 24274View attachment 24275
Couldn't imagine how it feels but you have true friends from OK. That is truly an awesome gift.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Very sorry for your loss. I have one on a similar track at 16 years old and failing fast. Some will say, "it's just a dog", but those of us who are, as you said, "owned by them", know that they are more than "just a dog". What other creature on God's earth gives you unconditional love, trust and unfailing faithfulness. Man and dog...there is a special connection there.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Sorry for your loss. I swear every time I lose one I will never own another one so as to avoid the pain. But life without a dog is not really a fulfilled life

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
What other creature on God's earth gives you unconditional love, trust and unfailing faithfulness. Man and dog...there is a special connection there.

Dogs are better at that than man. Always happy to see you, never mad or ill at you, always the faithful buddy, love you unconditionally....Well, dogs are the greatest!!!

Last edited:
I feel your pain brother. Lost my lab Honey 8 moths ago to cancer. I watched her take her last breath. She was 9. Got me a new yellow named Ellie May Clampett. Shes full of energy. I considered not getting another dog but they bring so much joy. I think its cause they are such loyal creatures. I miss my girl Honey but Ellie makes it a little more bearable. I know its tuff but cycle of life brother. My condolences.