You know you are in a small town when............

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
^LOL....... didn't go by there this morning cause I didn't need a pizza but they have a sign on the door "Cash only". They do have an ATM machine for those without cash though.

NCbowjunkie

Ten Pointer
Really at one time we had a store a bank and the P.O. now no stores no bank and they moved the P.O. out of city limits still have a bank machine and 3 caution lights

specialk

Twelve Pointer
Oh lord, just make sure you stop digging before you get to that graveyard!!...and good luck!...lol....

BranDawgBAMF

Button Buck
This happened to me yesrerday...in a not-so-small town. Part of me wonders if they just decline hundos, so they don't have to deplete their "small" cash reserves.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
none of the stores or even the post office will take a $100 bill cause they can't make change.
Happened to me years ago in a small town in GA, after I filled my tank, When the clerk informed me that she couldn't accept it, I informed her that I couldn't pay her. She got on the phone with the owner and learned where the "stash" was.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
… there is exactly ONE traffic light. :)

Better yet, my township has NO traffic lights.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
^LOL....... didn't go by there this morning cause I didn't need a pizza but they have a sign on the door "Cash only". They do have an ATM machine for those without cash though.

The reason they encourage cash only is to force you to use the ATM from which they make a fee for every transaction. It's their "commission" for allowing the ATM owner to set the machine in their store. There's a reason for everything.....

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
On a side note..... it is funny how the pump always tells you to go inside for receipt.
They hope you buy something when you walk inside.
Just flat pissing me off when you pay at pump then need to go I side.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Had this happen once, bitched to my boss about it. Next time I got paid.....it was a brown paper sack. FULL OF $1 BILLS. Kept my mouth shut from there on.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I found a couple places of business on my trip to MO last week that actually knew how to count money back to the customer. That is very rare this day and time!

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Had this happen once, bitched to my boss about it. Next time I got paid.....it was a brown paper sack. FULL OF $1 BILLS. Kept my mouth shut from there on.

I think I would have requested rolls of quarters next time. Lets see just how much time and effort they are willing to put into being smartasses.

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
A while back I was on a business trip in a small town in Missouri. My co-worker tried to give them a credit card and they said they didn't take them because they didn't get much "tourist traffic".

BamBam

Eight Pointer
..... when the officer puts you in his squad car and you ask” Am I going to jail?”.
“Nope,,, I’m taking you home,,,,,,,, to your daddy!!!”
My reply” Jail would be ok.”?