You don't see this every day

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
That's probably a record.

Several decades ago, I recall a gunsmith finding six swaged-lead bullets lodged in the 6" barrel of a Colt Python. He was able to carefully remove them with no apparent harm to the barrel. Thankfully they were low pressure practice rounds.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah, I posted that in the firearms section a little earlier. Something about that isn't exactly right.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Most times it is discovered it usually has damaging at the least and many times catastrophic consequences. I have never heard of anyone packing round after round in a barrel like that.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yep I just saw you posted it. I will link and close this thread.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
My guess is that every round he fired was a squib round. Either primer only or almost no powder.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Couple of years ago I had a friend bring me his pristine S&W mod 14 with 6 wadcutters stuck in the barrel. I don't know of any way to remove that many and neither did the tech folks at S&W. There are no replacement barrels left in stock but I had a mod 19 6" barrel in the parts box so I married the 2 and created a bastard cross breeding. Shoots "okay" but nothing like the original.......

creekhobo

Ten Pointer
I was standing behind a friend that shot a squib load in a AK-47. He then put a incendiary load in it and ( he said "we will see where this hits" ) pulled the trigger and fire shot out of the gun every place it could. :)