Yote on yote attack

JoeR

Eight Pointer
I posted this video in my trapping thread, so if this double post is not allowed, feel free to delete it.
I caught my first yote this morning. I have a well camouflaged true black flash camera on the trap. I'm happy that at no time did any of the yotes spot the camera.
2 smaller yotes come in to my set around 4:45 am. 30 minutes after getting caught the dominant pair in the neighborhood came in to evict her. She fended them off.
I was pretty psyched to have caught it all on video.

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
It's always amazed how quickly they perceive a vulnerability and their propensity to immediately leverage their ability to dominate the circumstance.

Jrbrandt25

Ten Pointer
Contributor
That's an awesome video to catch!,only the strong survive,,,well until you got there in the morning at least

JoeR

Eight Pointer
It's always amazed how quickly they perceive a vulnerability and their propensity to immediately leverage their ability to dominate the circumstance.

You're right. Lots of animals will attack others of their own kind when they don't act right. Whether it's to gain territory, status, or to prevent the attraction of predators...or probably a long list of other reasons too, it sure does happen.

Joe

JoeR

Eight Pointer
Thanks for sharing! Was the trapped yote alive in the morning?

Yup. She was in good shape, considering. She had a couple of blood spots on her belly, but that was all the visible sign I could see. I'm sure there will be a few more holes visible when she is skinned.
Joe