Yesterday’s Trappers Ed in Marion

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Yesterday’s class was phenomenal. Hours of demos and hands on stuff regarding how to set diff types of traps, land sets, water sets, skinning, fleshing, etc. These gentleman were patient and excited to teach us. We also got 6 different booklets with everything and anything about furbearers/trapping. I told my woman that I learned more in those 6 hours about western NC wildlife than I did all year. Thanks6CF640B9-E261-4D58-AC91-A752FF3FB83B.jpeg

DarrinG

Six Pointer
That's awesome! I would have liked to attended but alas...with all the rain we've had, farm chores kept me near the barn all day.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
That's awesome! I would have liked to attended but alas...with all the rain we've had, farm chores kept me near the barn all day.
My job can get screwed by the weather too. But I said the hell with it, I gotta get to this class. So glad I did. It was unbelievably good

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Smart move YG, since these classes only come around once/yr in each region.
Thank you. It was a real blessing. Currently all my spare time is spent Trout fishing/scouting for beaver, cats, n coyotes. I might take the advanced trappers course that allows you to do predator control year round. Yotes are tearing up a lot of wild game and domestic pets around here

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yancey, you need to do a little more homework on what the WDCA license gives you the right to do. It is not simply a year round trapping license.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Yancey, you need to do a little more homework on what the WDCA license gives you the right to do. It is not simply a year round trapping license.
You’re right it’s not. Although you can do certain jobs for people and trap certain species that you wouldn’t normally be able to. I wasn’t implying that you get it and go out and have a free for all. All I know is I know multiple guys in the NCTA who have made a living out of it

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Wood moose, he’s talking about the ADC class,

yes, I reckoned that,,,and also know it doesn't allow what he said thus my question - might have been a cert I wasn't aware of (or I was being "coy") :eek:- I've been ADC/WDC qual'd since 1995,,,,

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
I might take the advanced trappers course

I know you meant ADC class/cert
BUT
The Advanced Trappers Course actually something different....some are 1 day for coyote OR beaver and another THE BEST is the 3 day hands on course.
They are all at the nctrapper site where you recently joined.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I know you meant ADC class/cert
BUT
The Advanced Trappers Course actually something different....some are 1 day for coyote OR beaver and another THE BEST is the 3 day hands on course.
They are all at the nctrapper site where you recently joined.
I appreciate the feedback. I’ve heard a lot of good stuff about the 3 day and will look into it