Yard Tractor or two machines?

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You just described my yard. Every time it rains the rocks bloom! Huge chunks of quartz and granite. And I am on my 4th summer with a 52" Hustler Raptor with a Kohler. Welded deck. Have not had to do anything but replace the blades and change the oil. My other half is tough on that ZT. Both plastic fenders are covered with tape. As long as the blades are good and the tires are aired up properly it cuts nicely and quickly. Only down side is you have to drive with both hands so you can't really drink beer and mow.......though I suspect some of T's fender smashing was related to making an attempt!

If you have wet spots the raptor with the bigger tires is surprisingly pretty decent. I can’t remember the submodel....maybe sxt?

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
You just described my yard. Every time it rains the rocks bloom! Huge chunks of quartz and granite. And I am on my 4th summer with a 52" Hustler Raptor with a Kohler. Welded deck. Have not had to do anything but replace the blades and change the oil. My other half is tough on that ZT. Both plastic fenders are covered with tape. As long as the blades are good and the tires are aired up properly it cuts nicely and quickly. Only down side is you have to drive with both hands so you can't really drink beer and mow.......though I suspect some of T's fender smashing was related to making an attempt!
Thx, yeah I’m pretty careful, my brother who lives here and wants to help
not so much. No issue with one hand here. Pretty slow on the beer these days. For him, he’ll tear it up as he likes a cold one or 3 when mowing. We have the mower that’s twice the speed or something of the regular model. He’s always saying how fast it is to cut our yard, neighbors always telling me he drives it like a maniac, lol.

Thx all for the advice. GSO, if I got rentals that cheap I’d keep renting. I paid $550 for 1.5 days and that was only half delivery cost because I had another piece of equipment come out one direction. Something like $300/day plus $180-200 delivery for smallest Kubota. Then there’s all the yard destruction because they don’t have turf tires on anything.