XPO Logistics

CarolinaReaper

We had similar issues with equipment at work. In the eyes of the shot callers, it seemed reasonable to them that they pay more cost in man hours for us to limp along with beat up gear than to drop the money on repairs or replacement stuff. Granted, if the math worked out, it would make sense. But they were just hemorrhaging money . My issue was I was taking it personal and letting myself get too frustrated. I finally had to say “if they wanna pay me the same amount of money to do less work, produce less, and tinkering with stuff just to get thru a shift, that’s their decision. As long as I’m giving the same 100% every day, it’s not my responsibility to come in to and leave work pissed every day.” But once their bosses, and their bosses’ bosses showed up at the plant to witness the epic clusterfk of daily operations , stuff was repaired and upgraded ASAP.

And that my friend is exactly what I am WAITING on. Our bigger boss, works at our companies headquarters in Atlanta shows up once about every 3 months. It will be nice to see what she has to say about the way things are going.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
And that my friend is exactly what I am WAITING on. Our bigger boss, works at our companies headquarters in Atlanta shows up once about every 3 months. It will be nice to see what she has to say about the way things are going.
Definitely. As long as you know your efforts haven’t changed, it’ll work out. Heck at our work they kept blaming us and avoiding the equipment issues. We told managers we would have been happy to have some big wigs observe us and judge for themselves. They didn’t honor that originally. I think they’d didnt want that because they knew the outcome. But when corporate decided to show up short notice, there was nothing they could do. My work place can be a total circus. But I’m willing to deal with it for the pay, health insurance, and other benefits. It also helps I’m a penny pincher too tho lol

CarolinaReaper

Well thats the thing. The money there, for what I'm doing and having to put up with really ain't worth it. Not to get too personal with you fellas, but I just took on a new, bigger car payment, and yes that was my doing, but I wanted it, and also the girl i'm dating, and it's slowly getting more and more serious every day, has a 2 year old little girl. I have no children of my own, but If it keeps going in the direction I feel like it is, I wanna be able to take good care of both of them. And fiscally where this job has me, that would be tough to do.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Well thats the thing. The money there, for what I'm doing and having to put up with really ain't worth it. Not to get too personal with you fellas, but I just took on a new, bigger car payment, and yes that was my doing, but I wanted it, and also the girl i'm dating, and it's slowly getting more and more serious every day, has a 2 year old little girl. I have no children of my own, but If it keeps going in the direction I feel like it is, I wanna be able to take good care of both of them. And fiscally where this job has me, that would be tough to do.
Man I knew you had something good going on. I’ve had to try to pick up your slack in the Biden thread on muzzle blast, but @shaggy been tenacious as hell and wearing me out🤣. So I figured you had yourself a good gal or somethin. I understand your sentiment. I just started getting things squared away the beginning of this year and I’m 35. But if you can do it sooner, do it. Just remember with higher wages, it’s easy to talk yourself into bigger spending habits. Also check out the recent thread on retirement...that stuff makes a big difference

CarolinaReaper

Man I knew you had something good going on. I’ve had to try to pick up your slack in the Biden thread on muzzle blast, but @shaggy been tenacious as hell and wearing me out🤣. So I figured you had yourself a good gal or somethin. I understand your sentiment. I just started getting things squared away the beginning of this year and I’m 35. But if you can do it sooner, do it. Just remember with higher wages, it’s easy to talk yourself into bigger spending habits. Also check out the recent thread on retirement...that stuff makes a big difference

Well good on you for keeping the Biden Sucks thread alive! We can't give the lefties an inch. Thanks for the advice. Yeah, we started dating back in Early April. Which I know ain't long in the grand scheme of things, but this one feels right to me. Time will tell I suppose, but I gotta tell you, she takes up most of my free time and to be honest, I'd have it no other way. It's amazing to me how quickly she started coming first and the political stuff that I was essentially consumed with for a while has slid to the back burner.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you expect to take care of a boyfriend and a kid, I would be spending time looking for a job that’s got room to go somewhere, with decent benefits.

Now is a good time to do it. Lots of places hiring and offering higher starting wages.

CarolinaReaper

If you expect to take care of a boyfriend and a kid, I would be spending time looking for a job that’s got room to go somewhere, with decent benefits.

Now is a good time to do it. Lots of places hiring and offering higher starting wages.

My thoughts exactly.

and pc. I'm gonna assume you meant. Girlfriend. 😂

CarolinaReaper

Assume whatever you like

Um, well I just assumed it was a typo, as I’m straight and have said I had a girlfriend several times. If this is a joke of some sort, I don’t rightly understand it. I mean, you do you, but still. 🤷🏻‍♂️

CarolinaReaper

@CarolinaReaper I thought you were going to BLET and pursing law enforcement?
change your mind?

Not so much changed my mind. Just wanted to get some other things in line before jumping into it. I still absolutely wanna do it and will do it. I am attending the Winston Salem PD citizens police academy this fall to get my foot in the door with recruiting. It’s still my dream and goal.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Well good on you for keeping the Biden Sucks thread alive! We can't give the lefties an inch. Thanks for the advice. Yeah, we started dating back in Early April. Which I know ain't long in the grand scheme of things, but this one feels right to me. Time will tell I suppose, but I gotta tell you, she takes up most of my free time and to be honest, I'd have it no other way. It's amazing to me how quickly she started coming first and the political stuff that I was essentially consumed with for a while has slid to the back burner.

I had just turned 38 when I met my wife. Never been serious with a y girlfriends and if tbey tried they got the boot. I had never even dated anyone over the age of 30. I knew within 6 months this one was different. We've now been together for over 8 years married 6 with a 5 year old and we have not ever raised a voice or even argued not once.

Keep it up man and don't let a good one slip away!!!

CarolinaReaper

I had just turned 38 when I met my wife. Never been serious with a y girlfriends and if tbey tried they got the boot. I had never even dated anyone over the age of 30. I knew within 6 months this one was different. We've now been together for over 8 years married 6 with a 5 year old and we have not ever raised a voice or even argued not once.

Thanks for that Shaggy. Means a lot. We have our differences, but I hope y'all are doing well too!

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

a good woman is serious. Changed Shaggy from a conservative to a liberal. Just ask him about it.

timber

Twelve Pointer
Been married about 44 years. Thought a few good arguments and disagreements made a better marriage. Not sure would want sombody agreeable all the time. Might be a little suspicious

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks for the advice everyone.

@duckhunterwst
I suppose I could try that, but in all honesty, and this isn't to sound melancholy. I give that a slim chance of survival. Based of my day-to-day manager. Not to go into detail too deeply, the place I work at isn't bad. Work isn't overly hard, well most days aren't. But the place is mismanaged badly. We regularly run out of supplies, order is a mess. What really prompted me looking around was last week my boss went on vacation for the whole week, after denyfree reading me a day off a week or 2 back. Then asks me to work on one of my days off while he's on vacation. I did. No questions asked. Then while he's gone, the boss just above him was in charge an noticed we narrowly missed running out of a certain type of envelope that would have halted production all together. Well, $hit rolls down hill, so I assume he spoke out against my boss, who then in turn tried laying that entire issue at MY feet. As if I'm a warehouse manager and he's not the one in charge of ordering supplies. Yeah, that's a hill I'll die on buddy. I won't take the wrap for someone else's screw up. He told me just me and him needed to have a one on one meeting the next morning to discuss me being "properly" trained. Whatever the hell that means. Guess what? Next morning came and went and he never spoke to me... clown.

Ont top of that, I know I don't really matter, Point and case. We had ONE electric pallet jack. It broke down and quit working LAST OCTOBER. Since then, I'v been using a manual pallet jack every day all day to do my job. They refuse to fix it, based off the $1800 repair bill. BUT! About a month back the a/c in the offices went out and holy hell, they were all over that! Had it fixed in 3 days.

Here's another little tidbit that is slowly irritating me. 2 employees on my shift smoke. They each both take and I'm not exaggerating, probably 10-12 smoke breaks each shift. Averaging from 5-15 minutes a pop. He says nothing to them. But let me disappear for a minute or use the damn bathroom and my phone starts getting texts from him wanting to know where I am. I thought about bringing a pack of smokes with me and going out there with therm even though I don't and have never smoked!

Just to sum it up and that ain't all. I'm just slowly getting tired of the bull$hit.

After reading this post I'm gonna guess this is a trucking industry job.

@Dan Apple gave some great advice.

I was in that game for most of my adult life. And what Dan said applies across the board.

Good luck !

Last edited:

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Don’t stay with that current job. 50/50 shot the next one is better. Been there done that with cdl driving. It’s great until it isn’t 😬.