Wylie

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
is anyone having any luck on wylie lately?......I have been fishing this pond for about 54 yrs, and I have been stumped the last few outings...water is up, and temp is finally down into the 60s...I would think they would have moved up by now....spoke with a couple of fishermen prefishing for the tx this weekend, and they were having problems too...

gameland

Twelve Pointer
Wylie doesn’t have the fish that it used to. Doesn’t take near the weights to win there anymore.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Haven't gone for bass lately but where I was slaying the crappie last year at this time it's slim pickings. Maybe they'll move in. I have a buddy who fishes the bottom part of the lake twice a week so I'll pick his brain for you. He usually knows where the bass are and what brought them there.

turkeyfootnc

Six Pointer
All lakes are tough now. The last hurricane messed everything up and it's not likely it will be the same this fall. Plus white perch have done a lot of damage to crappie on Wylie so that has slowed fishing as well.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Depends on what you are fishing for. Some fish are in their fall pattern and almost crawling in the boat with you.

The big blues and flatheads were killing it Sat locally. Sunday when that sun popped out they said see ya later.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
is anyone having any luck on wylie lately?......I have been fishing this pond for about 54 yrs, and I have been stumped the last few outings...water is up, and temp is finally down into the 60s...I would think they would have moved up by now....spoke with a couple of fishermen prefishing for the tx this weekend, and they were having problems too...
If it makes you feel any better some fishing boards show that your wylie problem is nation wide.
the BASS elites just struggled last week to catch tiny limits.
back in the day when the team trails had their year end tourneys at this time of year the fishing was tough no matter which lake we fished.
Your problems will subside on wylie as it will elsewhere around thanksgiving. when everyone else heads for the woods, you will catchem.
March in reverse.
Just something else you might try. I see a yak in your nomiker. If you can; find some smaller lakes to fish while wylie is off. The whole fall/early winter feeding starts earlier on those smaller lakes. and IME rivers never quit like the lakes in the fall.

Good Luck when you go. I have been thru tournamnets forced to fish lakes this time of year. It is one of the reasons I quit tourneys. Woke up knowing I wasn't going to catch many bass but I sure thought I could stick a deer on that cold clear day. :)