• Just a heads up for those of you who use Tapatalk to access NCH&F. I will be removing support for that app effective immediately. The reasons are many, but the primary one is that it allows spammers to post here without first being authorized to do so. This, coupled with their increasingly aggressive and invasive ads and pop ups, has caused us to remove them from the site entirely.

WTB .308 Ammo

DeerJerky

Six Pointer
Contributor
I just realized that I am just about out of .308 and thought I would put this out there in case someone has some surplus they could sell.
I have checked all of the gun shops around here and no one has any.
Thanks,
dj

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Check the WS Academy at least a couple times per week if you have anyone down that way that can help ...They have had .308 ammo the last couple of times my wife was there.
It's junk ammo that she's finding, mostly target stuff, but they may have different brands at times.

DeerJerky

Six Pointer
Contributor
Great. Will do.
Still got my eye out for a .45 Auto die set for you.
I still need a .40 die set and .40 and .45 bullets and primers as well.
I think I have found about everything else I needed.
Thanks,
Don

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Great. Will do.
Still got my eye out for a .45 Auto die set for you.
I still need a .40 die set and .40 and .45 bullets and primers as well.
I think I have found about everything else I needed.
Thanks,
Don
Actually the wife bought me a nice Hornady Custom set at Academy when she last went, they had a couple of dies left but none you are looking for. Their prices on dies can't be beat, this titanium nitride die set was $50 for 45 auto/win.
I'm still in the market for a .40 S&W and 44 magnum set as well. I'll keep my eyes out for the ones you need as well.
I've found plenty of bullets at X-treme bullets and Stateline bullets on-line. They aren't fast shippers, but I've had no problem getting them.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Not that this helps you, but I find it interesting: Was at a huge 90 gun estate auction in PA last night, with tables full of ammo. The soft point .308 was going for $25 a box, but surprisingly (to me anyway) .30-06 was going for $40. Some 45/70 went for $110.

Tobyscreams

Four Pointer
Got 2+ boxes of hornady “z-max” zombie ammo. It’s the same as the a-max load, even the tolerance. I spoke with them years ago when it came out. I could find it cheaper so I was wondering....

DeerJerky

Six Pointer
Contributor
Actually the wife bought me a nice Hornady Custom set at Academy when she last went, they had a couple of dies left but none you are looking for. Their prices on dies can't be beat, this titanium nitride die set was $50 for 45 auto/win.
I'm still in the market for a .40 S&W and 44 magnum set as well. I'll keep my eyes out for the ones you need as well.
I've found plenty of bullets at X-treme bullets and Stateline bullets on-line. They aren't fast shippers, but I've had no problem getting them.
They had the bullets I needed so I got them ordered.
Thanks for the tip Eric.